CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

This Just In...

The TAKS scores came in yesterday for our students, and in third grade, we had 93% of our kids pass the test the first time, and 41% got commended, which means out of 36 questions, they missed 2 or less! I only had 2 not pass, and I knew they wouldn't - both have already been retained a grade and one came to me just 2 weeks before the test. And just to brag on my grade level a bit, the fifth grade students also have to take the test, and they only had 78% passing the first time, and 25% commended. Yay for us!

In baby news, Marc and I went to my appointment today, and the doctor once again pointed out that our family has stubborn cervixes, because nothing is happening. Unless a miracle happens the next few days, we will go in Sunday night at 10:00 to get induced, so we're looking at a March 12 birthday.

And yes, I'm still at work. Notice I said that "I'm at work", not "I'm still working." I'm here, but am questioning how much I'm actually working! :) Hey, it's the week before spring break, so even those not pregnant aren't doing that much work right now!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

yeah, notice that i am at work too. i strategically arranged for a review today and a test tomorrow for my freshmen, and a project for my sophomores. so i do nothing but monitor them...and play on my laptop!
march 12 is my half-birthday!

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

sooooo...for future reference, about that whole "cervex" thing...is that a Davis trait or a Lehman family trait???? Just curious! I hope these last few days go quickly/slowly...whichever works best for you =)

Anonymous said...

That's right, don't work too hard now, because you're not going to get much rest on your vacation. Congrats on your TAKS scores! That's got to be a relief. Darn those stubborn cervixes! Take it easy.

Amy Covey said...

YEA for the TAKS scores. I'm impressed that you get them back so quickly. We have to wait forever for our results!

Hmmm.. a stubborn cervix...interesting way to put it. Are you sure you don't want to hang on for a few more days and have a St Patrick's Day baby? :) The good news is that you'll still be on maternity leave when we come. I'm crossing my fingers she decides to come soon. Be sure someone calls us when all the festivities begin!