CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Life with two kids

I am not about to battle the photo issue right now (it's not been working right at all!), but I'll put more photos of Mia and Luke on later when I have some patience. I did want to update everyone on how things are going now that we've been home for a while. Mia is doing well. The past 2 days she's been very fussy, and last night she didn't want to sleep. But once she fell asleep at midnight, I had to wake her after 5 hours to eat! She wants to be held alot, and that's just something that is okay by me right now. It's hard to resist holding her at this little age. She's so squishy - she still is all balled up and rarely stretches her legs out. She reminds us so much of Luke and looks more like him each day to me. She is way more alert than Luke was at this point. Luke would eat then go right back to sleep - a perfect little baby. Mia is awake and looking around a lot during the day and even at night.

Luke is being a great big brother. He tells me several times a day still "I'm glad the baby's out now" and "She's so cute!" and "I love the baby." He is good at squishing her head with his face while giving her love too!

I'm doing good, and enjoying seeing my kids across the street out at recess but not having to be there with them! I've had very little time away from these kids this year, and it's so nice to get this long break. I had decided to go back to work after 6 weeks, but then yesterday I found out Luke's daycare doesn't have a spot for Mia. I was not happy with them, because I'd been told it wouldn't be a problem, and they weren't very nice about it. But things are falling into place today. I called a lady whose daughter I taught 3 years ago and who lives 2 streets away and has an in-home daycare, and it turns out she'll have room for Mia at the end of April and then in May if I want to send her. I can't believe how that worked out. I think I'll take off all of April then just go back for May. How hard is May for an elementary teacher anyhow, besides all the end of year paperwork? Who really teaches at that point in the year still? (Be honest teachers...) So now I just decide if I even want to go back!

And one more thing to say before I end... I had a moment of triumph today as a post-pregnant mom. I am wearing all REAL clothes - nothing maternity, and not even pants with elastic! I actually zipped and snapped a pair of real jeans today, and they aren't a ridiculously large size either! I felt so normal, and so not pregnant. What a good feeling.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on having a "real jeans" day already! Aunt Barb

Anonymous said...

Jill- Isn't it so nice not being pregnant. Zach is 5 months old and I feel like I still say everyday that I am glad I am not pregnant! You never realize how bad you felt until afterwards. I also felt like I could fit into regular jeans right away after having Zach, but it took me forever after having Jackson. Isn't it nice to not wear maternity clothes? Hope you get some sleep. I am still trying! Vickie

Jill said...

Right now I get sleep because mom and dad are still here helping out at night! :) But even after they leave, the nice thing is that between feedings, my body lets me sleep, unlike the past 9 months when I could never get comfortable and relax! I'm actually off to the outlets today to go shopping to try to find a few more real clothes until the old ones all fit again!

Brenda said...

i can remember being excited to snap and zip pants too! way to go!

Amy Covey said...

I'm glad you are adjusting well...and back in real jeans! I need to see Mia pictures though...it's been a week and I really, really need my baby fix! :) Oh - and you only have to worry about sleep for about a week after Mom and Dad leave...and then Aunt Amy (aka "the baby hog") will be there! :)

Anonymous said...

Barb took my jeans comment! I don't suppose it would be p.c. to comment that Mia's more alert because she's a girl. Well, how many guys read this or comment anyhow? I'm glad the day care is working out. Wish I could help you out on that one.