CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Recap of an eventful week

Still no photos to post... guess I'm too busy to ever think to pull out my camera and capture some moments. I promise some photos soon! This week was crazy busy, and I can't believe my weekend is more than half over. I don't feel rested and haven't accomplished much off my to-do list either. So, what's happening in our lives?
Monday - Did my taxes. Planned a possible summer trip to Philly and Sesame Place. Never been to Philly, the kids would love S.P., and one of my dearest friends lives close by and hopefully we could meet up.
Tuesday - My student teacher started. The next 11 weeks (1 week down already) may be interesting. I hate to say that she is old, and offend some of my faithful readers, but let's just say she seems old to just be student teaching. She has been an aide for 8 years at Marc's school, but he doesn't know her. My friend Jeff calls her "grandma"... not to her face of course, so that gives you an idea that she's a bit older. I'd guess late 50s or early 60s? Anyhow, she's very sweet, willing to learn, jumped in helping the kids at their seats, and said she's already learned a lot from a pro (I guess she meant me!) I see her being a great aide, but not sure about teacher. She is timid, and I am the very outgoing in my classroom and LOUD! :) I will say I felt like I was a great teacher all week since I knew everything I did/said was being watched carefully. Monday she starts teaching her first subject, then picks up one more each week from there. The part that's hard is that it's TAKS season, high stress teaching time, and I'm giving up control. Hope it all works out ok. Tuesday night there were threats of ice storms, so Luke's first soccer practice and Marc's game were cancelled.
Wednesday - We went to school. I say this only because everyone who reads this blog got to stay home! We had ice, but no cancellations. When the bell rang for school to begin, I was the only person there for 3rd grade -all other 4 teachers and our aide were still trying to make it to work! But at least we get to enjoy Good Friday off still! I have been going for a series of hydrafacials with microderm about once a week. The 6 sessions were expensive, but wanted to do something nice for myself! When I showed up Wednesday, they said the microderm tip was broken, but I got the intense facial still - for free! That's about a $100 facial free. Love it! From there we went to Marc's game -make up game from Tuesday. We got there at the half, and they were playing the best team in district, and one of the best in the state, and were doing so well! Then Marc got 2 technical fouls and thrown out of the game. Not so good. The team ended up in OT, a big shocker for everyone, and I had to do a play by play on the phone to Marc since he was stuck in his office. They ended up losing, but played great despite everything else.
Thursday - Luke had his first soccer practice of the year, and did so well. Played hard, talked to the coaches... and had a great time!
Friday - Another basketball game, and they pulled out a win. Still in the running for playoffs.
Today - Today's been a long, busy day. Mia has yet another "bug" and we spent the first few hours of the day changing diapers every 10 minutes. I managed to sneak out for a good workout and an hour of time to myself. Then Luke and I had a "date" -went to see Hotel for Dogs, and I actually really enjoyed it. He loved it. On our way home we noticed smoke near our home, and then I spent the next hour basically standing in the back yard watching a rapidly spreading grass fire burn out of control -about a mile from my house. And the part that made me nervous was that the only thing between the fire and our house was a road and a lot of dead grass and dried out trees. Nothing to slow it down if the wind turned our way. Later, Luke and I drove to get Chipotle for dinner and saw where the fire had burned. It had gone all the way across the highway and the grass in front of Mia's daycare was burned... so we're lucky her daycare is still standing!
As for tomorrow, I will find an hour to work out after church, but then it's lesson plans, putting away laundry, making lunches and ironing for the week, and helping Luke create his 100 day of school project. (and don't ask what it'll be... still not sure!)
My apologies for a long blog. If you really don't care what I did all week, then hopefully you just skimmed my detailed version.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Carsyn has to dress like she's 100 years old for the 100 year day. I am considering dressing her up as a red hat lady...how do I do that?

Amy Covey said...

Good luck with your student teacher. I hope it all works out for both of you.

Anonymous said...

No wonder Marc had chest pains!! Anything new on that?
I know a woman who recently got her teaching license, and is older than me. She can't find a job around here, and hasn't subbed, so I'm not sure why she did it. I don't think she particularly needs to work either. Maybe she's nuts! Be sure to include an extreme close-up when you complete your facials. Of course, maybe you should include a "before", too.