CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 11, 2008

Our Family's Fantastic Friday

What a good day for the Minatrea family! Each of us had a shining moment today, so I wanted to share!

Mia - She is 10 months old today! She had a doctor appointment to check if her ear infection is finally gone, and her ears are good.

Luke - I picked him up from school today and Ms. Kuehl told me to check his report card. He had great improvements since his last one 9 weeks ago. He was tested earlier this week and he spoke loudly and answered all of his questions. Now, that may not seem like a big deal if you aren't aware that my child is very shy and shuts down when it comes to talking to other people. Then Ms. Kuehl said that his BIG test came today. He was the lunch helper, and the class was short one sandwich, so she sent Luke to ask the cook for another one, and he actually delivered the message! What a huge step for him. I'm a very proud mom right now.

Me - We had a short staff meeting today and my principal said she wanted to recognize a few people for their good works. She gave out 5 certificates, and I was the fifth one. She told everyone that I've taken on 2 new teachers to mentor, am helping out the other new teacher on my grade level, and I still ask her what else I can do with a smile on my face. I was pretty touched to be singled out like that in from of the whole staff, and it really made my day!

Marc -Marc played Ellison, another Killeen school, tonight. That is the school he was the assistant at a few years ago. Ellison was undefeated in district games, and is always a hard team to beat. It was a low scoring game, and Shoemaker was down 10 points at the half, and it wasn't looking good. Then one of his players got fouled shooting a 3 pointer, and immediately after that call, the other team got a technical. The player made 4 of the 5 points, and that turned the game around, and Shoemaker had a huge win in the end! My throat is actually hurting from yelling so much, and Marc's dad commented that I scared Mia at one point. But it's all worth it to finally get a win against such a good team. I feel like it's Marc's best win ever.

What a good day. Now it's not even 9:00, and we are all home and exhausted, but feeling very content. I hope everyone else had a wonderful day too.

P.S. Luke starts soccer very soon, and as of a few hours ago, guess who will be his coach??

11 comments:

Jill said...

Yay for the Minatrea family -- what a great day! And, congrats on being a super star teacher!!! Let me guess...Boo Man can now add soccer coach to the many hats that he wears??? How fun...can't wait to hear the stories.

Jill said...

Yes, so he'll be coaching basketball and 4-5 year old soccer at the same time!

~Lori said...

It's true, coaching is an addiction. Sounds like everyone had a great day. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I loved reading all of that! Congrats on the school certificate. Lots of places just dwell on the negatives. I'm happy for Marc, and glad Mia's doing well, but I'm especially excited to hear how great Luke's doing. Watch him go now!! Love the music, but what are you going to play for Mia? "Blue eyes crying in the rain"?

Anonymous said...

Congrats and hooray to all of you! What a fun day! And I love the music! Isn't it fun!
Kara

Anonymous said...

Great oral communication and healthy ears! How could I not be excited about those milestones:)
Big congrats to you and Marc, too!
Aunt Barb

Brenda said...

Ok, please tell me Marc is the coach,not you. So Killeen and Ellison down...bringon the death star..when do you play HHHS???
Barb's right//it's a communication dream come true!!!
I gotta add music.

Jill said...

Yes, Marc is coaching. Thanks for that vote of confidence Bren! :) We play Heights friday at 5:30... any chance I can convince you to hang out at school later and stay for the game with me?? It'll be well worth your wait I'm sure!

Amy Covey said...

YEA for fanstastic days! I hope the rest of your weekend was just as great. And Brenda...I wondered if Jill was the coach, too. :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad you all had a great day- my entire family except me (so far) had the stomach bug this weekend. Hopefully we will have a great day like that soon. By the way- I love the play list esp. the pink song, but what is up with ice ice baby?

Jill said...

Vickie - That's a tribute to Marc... the first song I associated with him.