CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 18, 2008

Gulling anyone??

So, I have heard of TPing, egging, chalking the street, forking, reflectoring, and even yamming (don't ask... high school memory!) but tonight I had a first. Driving onto my street, I first noticed an odd round thing in the road, about 6 inches wide, with a blinking light. Then I turned the corner, and saw what I thought was a cat on top of a car in the street. Turns out, as I got closer, I was wrong. It was actually a ceramic frog! Then I pulled in to my drive and just busted out laughing. There, in front of the brick post of my front porch, was a seagull sitting on some logs. Someone had a few laughs at the expense of a neighbor's lawn ornaments, and I have to admit that I had more than a few laughs at it! I had to snap a few photos just to show how silly it was. Not the best quality of photos due to the rain, but you'll get the general idea!



When I returned from Marc's game tonight (sad loss to the Death Star) I stopped down the street to get the mail, and there sat the frog, on a water drain cover, greeting me as I got out of my car. Enjoy the photos, and hope they bring a silly laugh to you too. It's been a long, draining, and hard week, but a simple seagull lawn ornament managed to brighten even this cold, rainy day. And by the way, I still don't know what the odd blinking light was, but it was a nice touch to the other decor.



So, I've been "gulled." Can anyone top that?




***UPDATE***

I went outside after posting this to show Marc, and we both had a laugh... until I noticed that the pumpkin cutouts that I had staked in my flowerbed were missing. Yes, I know... I still had pumpkins in January, but they were small, and I kept forgetting to remove them! Guess some neighborhood punk took care of that for me. I'm still laughing about it, but not quite as loudly.

3 comments:

Amy Covey said...

That is too funny...and very creative.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your pumpkins, but I do like the frog. Let us know if you spot the pumpkins.

Anonymous said...

Nice gull. Did it make you feel like you were at the beach? Ditto Nancy on the pumpkins--let us know if they show up somewhere. MOM