CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 05, 2008

(Fake) Ice Skating

While the cousins visited over break, we had made plans to check out Killeen's new synthetic ice rink. We were all looking forward to it, but it wasn't quite what we expected. First of all, we were so hot, and had to work really hard to just stand and not fall. Some people gave up quickly. Marcus showed us all his graceful side with some great one legged skating tricks. I was very impressed that Luke took off on his own and was able to stay up - more than I can say for me. I never actually fell, but also never ventured far from the edge either!! I don't know if I captured it on film, but Amy had a great fall. I'm not sure that we'll be going back there any time soon, but Brenda and I did talk about checking out the REAL ice rink in Austin sometime.

Luke and Mommy getting used to the "ice"


Luke on his own


Grandpa, Carsyn, and Jenna... Um, taking a break? (sounds nicer than saying they all fell!)


Carsyn "helping" Luke skate

3 comments:

~Lori said...

1. Thanks for the cool blog layout tip.
2. What's "synthetic ice" made of?
3. Luke looks like he's about to do a double axel triple toe loop or something.
4. in above post: 80 puffs!?!?!!

Jill said...

Not sure what synthetic ice is made of, but I can tell you that you get covered in little white shavings while skating!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lori's comment about Luke. That's great!