CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

From the mouths of third graders...

Sometimes my third graders can be great for my self esteem, like when they say I look like Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson, or think I'm 20. Then there are days like today. I started reading with my kids a little book printed off the computer about Harriet Tubman. On the front is a photo of her at about age 90, in a wheelchair. One of my boys asked "Mrs. Minatrea, were you born the same time as Harriet Tubman?" Seriously? I knowI'm not looking like I'm 18 anymore, but do I really look like a little frail 90 year old lady?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to mention, wasn't she black? Yes I see the comparison to the others with the big brown eyes. Hopefully that's the extent of the comparison.