CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Pregnancy Must Haves

Last night I was laying in bed thinking about some of the things that I couldn't have survived this pregnancy without. Because I have nothing else to blog about, I thought I'd share my list!

1. Shoemaker Grey Wolves sweatpants and hooded sweatshirt - This is worn daily, as soon as I get home from school. I call it my "what not to wear" outfit, because surely, if Stacey and Clinton from TLC saw me in this outfit, they'd take me to NYC for a shopping spree immediately. But, it's the most comfortable, warm thing I have right now!
2. Slippers
3. Tums - The candy for pregnant women with hearburn. I also discovered acid reflux the past few weeks. Awesome.
4. Fruit
5. Eye makeup - To help try to hide the bags I've been carrying under my eyes for 8 months
6. Jenn - My coworker/friend who has taken my kids for me on several occasions of running late for school, not feeling well, etc.
7. Long, hot showers - I used to be a quick shower person, but now I turn the water on as hot as it can go and just stand there for at least 10 minutes.
8. Cold tap water, with lots of ice, in a plastic cup - This is unusual because normally all I drink is Ozarka, and definitely not cold. I can't stand ice in my water any other time.

So, all you moms out there, what things did you have to have in order to survive your pregnancies?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gelusil, my personal heartburn remedy. Funny, I was in the drugstore today and saw that, and I was thinking about how I crunched those continually 27 and 23 years ago. Naps, too, and I still need those! You get an A+ for updating the blog!!

~Lori said...

Well, first off, as far as your photo below, I think you are looking fabulous! Yay for 5 weeks to go!!!
And I think Bella Coco would be a nice name....??? Or CocoBella?


And as for today's post: I don't know what Shoemaker Grey Wolves are, or what Ozarka is- or for that matter, Nancy, what Gelusil is.

But if the sweats make you feel good, go for it. I personally change into my p.j.'s every day as soon as I get home from work, but that's because I'm covered in hair (my clothes, not my body- haha) and it's itchy.

Thanks for the update. :)

Brenda said...

don't know what Ozarka is??? it's bottled water!
I had to have Lucky Charms every morning with carsyn. With Payton I had to have lots of dessert...and reese's pieces. I got into a fight at Dairy Queen with a moron that thought a reese's pieces blizard was the same as a reese's peanut butter cup.
also, orange juice in the morning.
and preggie pop drops to soothe morning sickness!

Anonymous said...

Brenda, I remember the Reece's Pieces altercation at DQ. And unfortunately for me living there for 3 months I remember the dessert cravings (I helped make some of those desserts disappear). But seriously, we don't have Ozarka here--it's from Arkansas. You are looking good Jill. Getting anxious to see the new baby and come to the sun and warmer again. MOM

Anonymous said...

Gelusil is just another chalky tablet for heartburn. All the "old wives" tell you a lot of heartburn means your baby will be born with a lot of hair (on their heads, not on their clothes). Didn't happen.

Amy Covey said...

I had heartburn with Jenna...and she was bald for 2 YEARS! Pregnancy must haves: Jacob - ice cream, naps Jenna - Hawaiian punch, slushies, massages, our recliner (which became my bed for the last 4 weeks)

Kara Brown said...

Rylee was an easy pregnancy. I caught a lot of grief from my friends. Other than wanting a ton of fresh fruit and foot rubs, there were NO cravings, heartburn, or morening sickness. Next time around will probably be a nightmare!

Anonymous said...

Good to know Kara's still with us. (See, Jill, I'm equal opportunity!) So, Kara, when is the next time around?? You brought it up!