CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Thoughts from daddy to be

Since learning we're having a girl, our discussions haven't been centered around names and nursery as much as this child not being allowed to wear head scrunchies. Marc is very against it, and lucky for him, I'm not a big fan. Today at church there was a little baby with one on, and after pointing it out to Marc, he made a comment that I felt was worth sharing... "I'd rather put a sign around my child's neck that says 'I'm a girl' than put a head scrunchie on her." Doesn't that sound like a Marc comment? :) But, I will say, that last night we did buy our nursery bedding and I love it!! So that's one thing to check off the list.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

i used to be anti-head scrunchie too, but if your little princess is bald all of the pink clothes in the world still won't stop people from telling you what a handsome little boy you have. that's why we caved in...and i actually like them now.

Amy Covey said...

So instead of matching head scrunchies for each girlie outfit should we include matching "I'm a girl" signs to coordinate with each outfit? :)

Anonymous said...

Do you think Marc will be more protective of his daughter? I told Sudsy I try to treat each kid the same, and says you have to protect daughters more. Is he just a chauvanist?
Merry Christmas to all! We missed you yesterday.

Brenda said...

According to Scott our girls will never have boyfriends and pretty much never leave the house. But he is already training Marcus to be supercool. I guess it's just a dad thing.

Anonymous said...

No head schuncies!!! As long as I know the gender of my kid I am fine with it. I figure I will raise Luke, and Jill will raise the girl!! I also don't like pink clothes. Why not red, orange, or yellow for a girl??

marc