CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 08, 2006

It's the little things in life...

The past 2 weeks have been frustrating and tiring - a combination of things at work, student problems, out of control allergies, sleepless nights, and the typical pregnancy aches and pains and discomforts. So many things have just been weighing me down and I felt like I had just about had it with these problems. This morning I started thinking about a few little things that brought a smile to my face and realize that through all the yuck of the past week, several small things have occurred that have brought me joy.I want to focus on those good, little things that make life okay even through all the yucks. So here are my little joys from the past week.

1. Kohls. Kohls opened in Killeen this week, and I was very excited about it. I haven't been shopping much in months since all I can really buy is maternity clothes, so I made plans with some friends from work to have lunch then shop yesterday. We spent about 4 hours shopping, and it's not about how much money I spent, it's about knowing that I saved an extra $58 in the end! We had no kids and no husbands along, and it was a relaxing time. Even though we all teach at the same school and the same grade, I don't think we talked about kids at all.

2. I had a checkup Thursday, and my blood tests which check for birth defects came back with very low levels, so that is great news. Also, even though I feel huge, I've only gained 3 pounds this whole pregnancy so far. What women can't celebrate that??

3. Donuts. Marc went out to get us donuts this morning. Need I say more? (So much for the 3 pounds...)

4. "I want chock milk." Those are the first words Luke speaks every morning, no matter what. He has to start his day with chocolate milk. That is one of those things I will always remember about him at this age. For some reason, even though he says it every day, it still brings a smile to my face.

5. Thanksgiving Dinner. It was decided this week that Luke and I, and Brenda, Carsyn, and Payton, will go to Ohio for Thanksgiving rather than trying to work out a visit at Christmas. I couldn't be more excited. Thanksgiving in Texas just isn't what I'm used to, and I'm always a bit homesick for Ohio on that day. This year, I get to see my family, hopefully both grandmothers, do the day after Thanksgiving shopping with the family, and eat a REAL OHIO Thanksgiving dinner! I am waiting for the mashed potatoes and gravy, jello mold, cranberry shaped like a can, real stuffing, and maybe even grandma's cheeseball. And being pregnant, I don't have to make excuses for having several helpings of mashed potatoes and gravy! I am excited to take a photo of all the food, to preserve that memory, and to share it with Luke.

6. I have felt the baby's first movements this week. This morning, I think he/she poked his head out, because there was this really hard bump for about a minute. Just letting me know he/she is there and growing! I will get to see the baby Wednesday at the ultrasound. Check back Wednesday night if you want to know if we found out the gender!

Here are a few photos - me at about 20 weeks pregnant, Luke eating his donuts this morning, and a few other random photos. Enjoy the little things today!

4 comments:

Amy Covey said...

1. YEA FOR KOHLS! So...what did you buy?
2. I'm glad your blood tests came back okay. Those always made me nervous, too.
3. YUMMMY...donuts!! There are some seriously good donut shops in Texas.
4. You really need to take a photo of Luke and chock milk and do a scrapbook page about his obsession. Someday (after baby #2)you won't remember all these little details!
5. I'm so excited for your Thanksgiving visit. Can't wait to visit, eat, shop, and take lots of photos!!
6. How fun that you can feel the baby moving! That was one of the only things I actually missed about being pregnant.

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

Reading this post brought a smile to my face! Thanks! =)

Anonymous said...

Well, it's my turn to say your blog brought a tear to my eye, & it's not about hormones for me. How exciting that you felt the baby move! (Did you notice it earlier this time?) I still remember how awesome that was!
I don't know where y'all (or us) will be for Thanksgiving, but I'll definitely see you sometime over that weekend.It doesn't look like Jessica will be in OH then.
Don't forget about boy #2 and the effects of his chocolate milk!
I'll be checking back Wed.!

Jill said...

FYI: I think Brenda got our flights today... we get in by 11 am Wednesday to Cleveland and have to leave early Saturday, but will have those 3 full days. Would love to see anyone!