CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ultrasound

We just returned from our ultrasound. Almost everything looks great. There is something weird about the placenta, but hopefully it'll be okay in the end, and right now the baby is breech. And, although in one shot the baby appeared to be a girl, they couldn't tell, so we don't know. I'm a little sad to not know, as I was all set to start planning for one in particular, but there's nothing we can do about it. I was told the baby has a beautiful heart and something else - diaphragm maybe? The tech did scare me about 5-10 minutes into it, when she said "Oh my gosh!" followed by "Go to the bathroom!" Then she explained that my bladder was bigger than my uterus. They say to come with a full bladder, so I did! Thank goodness she let me take a break for a minute!! The due date is about the same - somewhere around March 5-8. In one photo the baby had it's hand up to it's head, in a pose she labeled "drama queen." If it's a boy, we'll have to dispose of that photo!

8 comments:

~Lori said...

I heard once that if they guess girl, they're usually right...I guess that means "Fausto" is out? Maybe you could make it a feminine version and call her "Fausta"?
Do you get another ultrasound to better determine if it's a boy or girl, or are we going to just have to be suprised?

Jill said...

Unless there are problems, this is it for ultrasounds. And don't even consider suggesting the "Fausta" option to Marc!

Anonymous said...

Way to keep us in suspense! This is the second time I've checked today, so I was excited to see the ultrasound blog. Well, at least you've narrowed it down to a girl or a boy.

Brenda said...

Guess you need to go our route and pick a unisex name like payton or carsyn! How about Cameron? Oh wait...that's where Marc coached for 2 years. Nevermind. I'll think of something better. Try decorating in light green and yellow.

Amy Covey said...

Congratulations on your girl...or boy! I know you are disappointed since you couldn't find out the sex. One of the top moments of my life is when Dr Hanson said "It's a boy" or "It's a girl" after Jacob and Jenna were born. I know you can't do much decorating and shopping...but there's something about that exact moment when the dr makes that announcement. :)

~Lori said...

I like Brenda's idea! We could start a new name list for Jill, of unisex names. (Is Tarquin unisex?)

Anonymous said...

A baby with a beautiful heart! That's great! Now I'll just pray for her/him to somersault its way out of the breech position during the next few months. Aunt Barb

I am looking forward to seeing you & Luke at Thanksgiving :)

Anonymous said...

OK so I am still buying "Bargain" boy and girl clothes--I have started a "baby stockpile" since there were several babies being born around here. If you want us to "decorate while in hospital" you better have things picked out!! On the unisex name idea, there has been a boy Jaden and girl Jaden born within a week of each other to church families. Seems to be the name of the year here. by the way the girl is Jaden Isabella Bisheimer. (that is a mouthful.) MOM