CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 03, 2006

New Job

By now, most of you know that Marc got a new job last week, but I wanted to give him a spot on this blog as he is part of the four of us! He's been the head basketball coach in Cameron for the past 2 years. While he loved having his dream come true of being a head coach, and his team did pretty well, it was hard on us as a family. He had an hour commute each way, and was also a football coach, so on the average week, Luke and I wouldn't see him each Thursday and Friday at all. Then when he was home, he'd be trying to catch up on sleep. An opportunity came up back here in Killeen at Shoemaker High School very late in the summer, but we didn't think he had much of a chance at it. However, the interviews kept getting postponed, and as they did, his chances at it improved to the point that he got it! For our family, this is the perfect timing. Marc has about a 10 minute drive to work, gets to sleep in more each day, and has NO FOOTBALL!! And for those of you who know Texas school systems, he's now at a 5A school, which is the biggest school there is, so really, he can't get a much better job. We're so proud of him for working so hard to get this job. Although it'll still be a tough job, and he'll be working hard, it's just an awesome situation for our growing family to be in this year! Marc asked me a few weeks ago when he'd get blog in here, so here it is. There's no picture to attach (he's not exactly the kind of guy who has me take his photo all the time!) but you know what he looks like!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's me (Marc). I can't believe I don't get a picture. I know Jill has one of me from the Manor game two years ago where my shirt was drenched in sweat!!!

Amy Covey said...

Congrats Marc! I agree, we need a photo. You definitely should have taken on to put on here. Or...how about the great photo of him that was with the newspaper article?!?!