CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Child Genius?

My child just amazed me, so I have to brag and share for a moment! Luke was playing with a big circle of cardboard that had come out of a new storage tub. He walked up to me with a shape and said "It's an octagon!" I have no idea where he learned that -not from us! And it actually looked like one. So I decided to ask him how many sides it had, and he told me 8. The reason this really impressed me is because a) my third grade kids last year had a question on their TAKS test that showed an octagon and asked how many sides it had, and several missed it, and b) my boy #2 didn't even know what a triangle was yesterday at school. So maybe Luke's not a genius, but to know an octagon at age 3 seemed impressive to this third grade teacher! I have photos to add someday, but my computer doesn't seem to want me to post them, because I can't ever get to them!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Octagon = Child Genius?? I say YES!! But maybe that is because his cousin Rylee also knows octagon (and tries to draw them on the pool deck with her swiveling hips as the water drips from the bottom of her wet bathing suit). Or maybe Luke is the genius and Rylee is just "eccentric".
Kara

Jill said...

It must run in the family! Welcome to blogging Kara!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Luke! God has certainly blessed our family with a whole new generation of intelligent, talented, and creative kids. :) Aunt Barb

Anonymous said...

Wow--two geniuses in the family (referring to the brainy peanut). I always did like math--proud of you Luke. Mom

Amy Covey said...

That is quite impressive. Maybe he could teach a thing or two to boy #2! :)

Anonymous said...

Could you move to Sandusky before Luke starts school? I'll take the other "greats" too!