CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Greetings!

My kids are growing up way too fast these past few weeks. Luke is doing so well as school today, and one of the kinder aides told me at lunch how cute he is, and how smart he is. She had to test him today, and said he did great, and had a conversation with her. What an improvement from last year! So proud! He continues to love his teacher and his new best buddy Nicholas.

Mia goes a mile a minute lately. She's really started to repeat everything we say and seems to have a new word each day. It's great when we know what she wants, but this morning when she woke at 5:30 and just kept crying "me me me" forever and we had no idea what she wanted, it got a bit frustrating! Today's word is "bubbles!" She now says "please, bye bye, more" very well, but I do miss the frantic rubbing of her belly to say "please" in sign language. And thanks to aunt Brenda, she can say "again" in sign too. She's so determined too. She will go to the fridge and yell and hang from the handle until someone opens it to get her string cheese.

Her favorite things to do now are wearing other people's shoes and getting her own snack and bowl from her cupboard and bringing them to us.

To update from the past days, we all had a great visit at the Elliotts, despite a few bumps and bruises. Luke somehow landed face first at the bottom of the steps in the trim around the door and had nice black and blue lines on his face. Then not long after, we found him bleeding on Carsyn's top bunk, saying he'd accidentally been hit in the nose with the ladder. Good times. We stayed longer than planned on Sunday just so we could relax and play. Thanks for the house guys!

My class is going well. I am at capacity again, but tomorrow a kid or two may be moved out. And for those that volunteered to be temporary homes to Pippi, be warned that the Pippi's are coming! I hope to get them mailed the next day or two. And some others of you may be getting contacted if I need a few more willing babysitters!!

Cheese!!!!!

Can I have a snack please? I got my own food and bowl!

These were some of the most frightening ducks I've ever seen, because they were so huge! Before I was even out of the car, they were marching up to us ready to attack!

While Brenda and I were unpacking in her upstairs room, the bigger kids kept busy with instruments while Mia was wearing a giant plastic flower on her head.


Another of Mia's favorite things - reading! She will sit in her chair and turn pages while making noises. I'm getting her ready for that 3rd grade reading TAKS test early!


Where's Mia? There she is! (And she'll say "there she is!" if you ask where she is!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are all adorable. I see she's "borrowed" your shoes in the 'where's Mia' pix. This is my first experience with kdg. I tested a girl today who smelled like urine, which I'm not used to, and instead of rhyming "wig", she'd say "head". It's great that Luke's doing so well and likes it. That's got to be a big relief for you and Marc. It's also my 1st year working with 3rd grade, and they have an OAT test in Oct. already. "No child's behind left"!

Amy Covey said...

aaaaghh!! She is getting too big...and I really miss her. Seriously, I cannot wait to see her and take tons of photos of her. She just looks like she has so much fun. Give both of them a big squeeze for me.

Anonymous said...

I just love these pictures, especially the Mia ones. You captured her many faces. I'm surprised she isn't reading "George"--I can quote most of that one by heart. Please don't stop the "please" sign--that is so cute. MOM