CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Kindergarten!!



Ok, the following was written Monday, when I had every intention of posting photos, but just never got around to it! So it may be old news, but here it is: (and I'll update at the bottom!)


Well, Luke and I both survived his first day of kindergarten today! He wasn't at all afraid to say goodbye to me, which made me so proud! I saw him during the day twice and it was so weird to just look out in the hall and see my little guy walking around! At the end of the day, he was all smiles and so happy. His teacher, Mrs. Gonder (and my good friend) said he was like her best friend, talking away to her, which was a good thing. He even got an award, one of 2 kids, for best behavior in the hallway. He is more than ready to go back tomorrow, and told me he'll never get in trouble, because he's 5 years old!



Getting a photo this morning was the hardest part of the day because it was still dark out when we left, and our indoor lighting is so poor. Plus, it was 6:30 am and Luke was pretty tired! But at least I captured the moment.

Friday Night Updates...
Well, I didn't really capture the moment as it turns out. The photos were way too dark and blurry, so we did retakes after school, so that's what I'll share! Luke loved school all week, and really did well. His teacher said he "thinks ahead" alot.

As for me, my class is pretty good. Third grade has the most kids per teacher. Our limit is 22, and right now all teachers have 22 but I have 21. I was the "lucky" one that only had 20, so even though he has no business being in my tag class, the very angry boy who just returned from alternative school got put in my class thursday! Awesome. I am doing my best with him, but he's already showing some pretty angry behavior. But the rest, besides being talkative, are great. An interesting mix of kids, that's for sure! I'm really enjoying my grade level. Our new teacher has so much personality and is a bit crazy too, so she fits right in. A good change from the man we had last year that never showed an ounce of personality!

Tomorrow is an exciting day for Luke... he's (and the rest of us too!) going to Carsyn's new house with lots of stairs! We're headed up to Ft. Worth for the day and will return Sunday. Brenda and I made the plan that we will do nothing. Sounds great to all of us the first weekend after heading back to work.

Alright, I've probably already lost most of you with my super long update. I finally have an ounce of energy to blog though, so wanted to share. Hope all the other teachers out there are surviving if you've already started back!

Here's parts of Luke's room - instead of painting, we chose to paint a shelf and hang wall stickers. MUCH easier!

Ok, who can guess what they are doing? My money is on Brenda...

Luke is on the phone with Carsyn, debriefing at the end of their first day of kinder. It took him 3 phone calls to her to get all the conversation in! And he cracked me up... he kept saying, "So anyway..."

7 comments:

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

Congratulations on a great first week, Luke (and Jill)! It is so fun to see that he and Carsyn are such good buddies that they even talk on the phone! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Luke looks so proud, and it sounds like he should be. That's great how well he's doing. Ok my lame guess is pretending they're on a roller coaster. Anyhow, have a fun time with the Elliots.

Brenda said...

duh...they are blasting off...with the little einsteins!

Anonymous said...

I guessed Little Einsteins too (before I looked at Brenda's answer). Glad everyone had a good week. My first day picture isn't too bad but he wasn't really looking at me so the end of the day is much better. And he still looks good--no lunch or paste on his clothes. MOM

Amy Covey said...

Luke looks like he was definitely ready for kindergarten. I'm glad his first week (and yours) went well. Have fun at Brenda's.

And....they are acting out Little Einsteins!

Amy Covey said...

PS 6:30 am???? YUCK! Why do you have to leave so early??

Jill said...

Yay for Kindergarten! You guys had a great 1st day. By the way, it doesn't sound like the angry boy will be around much if his behavior continues, but best of luck in the meantime.