CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No more #23

Well, what a day I have had! I thought I should update what happened with my new Ike child. First, he was pretty excited about the football, so I thought the day would go well. I will give the quick summary of how it went instead!
*He refused to do any work
*When asked to participate, he layed on my floor under my table and wouldn't get up or talk to me
*When I went to find someone (administration, counselor) to help us out, he broke a pencil and was acting like he was going to hurt someone with the broken part
*When an AP came back with me, I had to clear out my class and spent the next 40 minutes trying to get him off the floor!
*He left with the AP and I was a bit upset still. After lunch, he was sent back, before I was ready to take him back.
*5 minutes into our first lesson after lunch, he started mocking me behind my back, then in front of my face.
*When I said something to him, he laughed and continued on.
*He was "smoking" a piece of paper. I took it from him, and he started "smoking" a pencil. When I took that, he laughed again and smoked with his fingers and said "What are you going to do, cut off my fingers?" Then he said "I'm flying high, high as a kite" while smoking.
*I called and told the AP to come right away. She took him, and I never saw him after that.
*Found out once he was in the office, he said/wrote the most obscene, vulgar things about everyone and was going to get suspended, but his dad withdrew him instead.

Wow, how does a 9 year old get to be like that? So he's gone, and it really is a good thing. I tried to be positive, but he obviously has some issues besides a hurricane. So thanks for the nice thoughts. And by the way, the football was left in my room when he took off, so so much for that nice gesture!

6 comments:

Jill said...

So much for the football... What a day, Jill!

Amy Covey said...

WOw...he definitely needs something other than anger management classes. It's really scary when they already know those things at age 9. What will he be like when he gets older?

Anonymous said...

Wow- what can you say about that. What a mess. I am glad that you don't have to deal with him anymore. He is beyond just having some anger issues.

Brenda said...

oh my gosh...that is too much. that is hilarious...where's the cpi training? why did it take 40 minutes to get him off the floor? i could've done that and restrained him in about 2 minutes...guess they were being too nice. keep that football forever.

~Lori said...

whoaaaa. I agree with brenda- keep the football! It needs a spot on your shelf in the classroom....

Anonymous said...

I missed the previous post, but I'm glad #23 is gone, even if it means no new teacher. I applaud your compassionate efforts, though. However, I thought everything was bigger in Texas. Do you actually have a limit of 23 kids in your classes? That would be wonderful. Of course, with our school closings, we don't generally have any available classrooms, anyhow.