CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

TGIF!!

What a long, tiring week. My allergies have been the worst they have been in a very long time, and I think I'm working on a sinus infection on top of that. I haven't really eaten in about a week either. I have woken up every morning this week saying "Is today Friday?" and so glad today really was. My plans for this weekend were to go to dream dinners tomorrow morning and do nothing much else all day but start reading a new book. Now, though, I'm on call for babysitting. My friend, and our third grade aide, is pregnant and due in a month, but started labor today after school. As much as some people wouldn't want baby to come early, this little guy has no more room to grow and is ready to come. Plus, her husband is army and is being sent Tuesday to CA for a month and isn't allowed to come home when baby gets here, so we're all hoping he comes before daddy is shipped off! My job is to babysit the 4 year old daughter to help them out. Thankfully we had her baby shower this past Wednesday already!


I have some photos to post, but it's not happening tonight. Mia has a new game - going to her room like she's excited to get changed, but then runs and hides behind her crib!

Luke got his first progress report this week and is doing great! He still loves getting up every morning and going to school to see his friends and learn. The best part of having him in my friend's class is that every day I get to hear a little story of something he did, while other parents don't get that same joy! 

Off to bed. Not sure if I'll get a babysitting call at 3am, so I'd better get sleep while I can!

2 comments:

Amy Covey said...

So....did you get the babysitting call? I hope her baby came early so her husband can actually be there.

And post those pictures of Mia. You know you can't post a Mia and Luke update for me without photos. :(

Anonymous said...

And then it's Sunday, and we get ready to start again. I hope you're feeling better, and yet you blogged in spite of it!! I'll cut you some slack on the pix.
Is Luke in the same school as you? If so, do your paths ever cross during the day, and how does that go? I'm sure you're very thankful that the little stories you hear are positive. I had a colleague's daughter in 7th and everyone was always telling the mom the obnoxious things her kid did. Of course, the mom could be pretty obnoxious, too. Feel better, and have a quick week.