CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Is it really possible to be this tired?????

What a week! First off, I will let you know there are no photos coming. That is just asking way too much at this point! Don't even have it in me to write complete thoughts any longer, so you're about to get a bulleted list of the happenings of the past week!

*First, I discovered that if I sit on my bed, I can pick up someone's wireless signal, so I've enjoyed hanging out in here this week, getting some school work (ok, and a little surfing and emailing) done!!
*Went back to work. Mia went to daycare and Luke stayed home with a babysitter(s) who was absolutely wonderful! Thanks for the hookup Brenda! 
*Work has been ok. Grade level is pretty good this year. Got a new teacher who seems to have a personality so already a huge step up from the guy we had last year. Just very tired from getting back into a routine.
*Had a party last Friday at the house for coworkers, and had a good time hanging out and showing off the house.
*Survived Meet the Teacher Night. Have a lot of really good parents this year so hopefully things will go well.
*Luke was tested for kinder and made it into the TAG cluster class (for those non-texans, that stands for talented and gifted). My good friend is teaching it, and I am teaching her daughter this year. Plus, Luke's friend that he went swimming with over the summer will be in his class.
*Mia made it 3 days into the year at daycare before getting sick. Really? We couldn't make it a month, or even a full week? She went to the dr. today and has a viral infection. Hopefully she'll be good to go Monday!
*Mom and dad popped down from Brenda's for 2 days before heading home for good. It's a good treat for Luke and Mia before starting back to school.
*Our friends Jill and Doug (that went with us to Vegas last year) had their first baby girl, Alexandra Renee, today! Can't wait to make a side trip when we visit Brenda to squeeze the baby.
*After a little peer pressure from a high school friend, I joined Facebook 2 days ago and have enjoyed finding a few long lost friends and even a former youth pastor. Just seeing their photos online is wonderful after so many years.

I'm sure there's more, but I'm about to fall asleep on my laptop, so time to sign off for the night! 

4 comments:

Jill said...

Awww -- thanks for highlighting our little family on your blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, even though you're whipped. I start Thur. and Fri. with meetings, and I know I'll be exhausted. That doesn't mean I'll go to bed any earlier. Having the Olympics over will help. Kyle and Jessica are both on Facebook. By the way, check out Jessica's latest blog for some fun pix and another way to humiliate your family.
Way to go, Luke, in the tag program! We called it that in Mansfield, so I still say that, but am always corrected that it's Excell in Sandusky. I don't get to work with too many of those kids, anyhow. Good luck with this next week, then enjoy the 3 days off.

~Lori said...

me = also very tired, but still blogging because Quinn is apparently as awake as I am tired, so.....

anyway, facebook is great for finding old friends, and i am enjoying it as well. i found you on there by the way, now that i know you are there.

Amy Covey said...

Congratulations Luke!!! I can't wait to see some first day of school photos.

And yes, it is possible to be "this tired" because I have definitely been just as tired!