CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Q: What have the Minatrea's been up to??

A: A lot!!

We have been working on the house, hosting visitors, trying to do some fun things with the kids, getting ready to go back to work, etc etc etc.

My parents arrived last Thursday, just in time for Brenda to move out of her home. Friday night we had the 4 of us, my parents, and Brenda's family all enjoying our new home for the night! Friday the Elliotts officially left town, and it was a bit hard for me to absorb, but knowing we will visit them (hopefully!) labor day weekend made it much easier to say bye! We miss you guys already and can't wait to come see your new home soon!!

With mom and dad visiting, we've tried to balance relaxing with getting a few things done around here, and even managed a trip for shaved ice (Amy and Chris - dad had the butterscotch love nest and mom and I tried Rootbeer love nest -- yummy!). A huge thanks to dad for figuring out our lighting system and getting things to work properly, along with creating shelves in some closets. Today we all went to the Austin Children's Museum. I found a great book in their store that I can't wait to use with my gifted kids this year. Anyone ever heard of "Not a Stick"? There's also "Not a Box". Great use of creativity... check it out.
Time to post photos. I'll add more as they come this week.

Finally having time to enjoy the Jacuzzi tub...


Luke and Carsyn doing what 5 year olds do best... making a mess! (They also painted parts of the house, a ball glove, and the bucket)


How cute is she??? Notice the bows? We've finally been able to do piggies and bows. The best is when I do two on top, then she gets food in them and they stick straight up like antenna! (Jill, she's wearing one of your outfits!)


Now two CALM 5 year olds playing with Leapsters. Amy and I got Carsyn hers for her birthday.


Friday night, when everyone was staying, I decided to celebrate a few things. I found this cute little puppy cake for Carsyn's birthday...


An ice cream cake for Mom and Dad's 40th Anniversary...


And I wanted to celebrate the Elliotts selling their home but didn't think a third cake was necessary, so they got a banana moon pie!


Payton, Luke, and Carsyn cooling off in the sprinklers...


...and Grandpa distracting Mia so she'd stay out of them!


Children's museum




Luke wanted his photo taken in our tree out front... Amy, are you proud of my good photo spot??


And finally, Luke helping Grandpa cut shelves for Mia's closet

5 comments:

Jill said...

Love the outfit and the bow! Wish your dad were available to work on some of our honey do list. :)

Jill said...

P.S. I haven't heard of those books but am now going to look for them -- thanks for the suggestion.

Amy Covey said...

THANKS for the photos. I wish we were there too!!! It all looks like so much fun. Totally jealous that Dad had a butterscotch love nest. YUMMY!

Jill said...

Jill - can't believe I found a book that you, the librarian, doesn't know about! :)

Anonymous said...

Those are great pix! Thanks for the update. Looks like lots of fun. Does Luke stick his tongue out like Grandpa when he's helping?