CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 04, 2008

Off to Kinder!

I enrolled Luke in kinder today, so he's officially ready to start school in a few weeks. Still can't believe he's old enough already! I also got my room keys for school today and spent the day working on getting it ready, and surprisingly got a lot done! And our last piece of furniture that was on order came in - our server/console table! It looks so good in our house. So the house is coming together, except our room which is so big and beige and needs some help!

Challenge: I have a bit of a challenge for my teachery friends and family. I found some things that are bugs and flowers, with quite a few sunflowers, and plan to make a welcome board for the hallway with it. Each student will have their name on a flower/bug, but I need a catchy welcome to my class title. Also, possibly a job chart will come from the same things, so could use a title for that. Anyone???

Mom and dad start their journey down to visit tomorrow. It'll be different since there is a 2-3 hour drive between my house and Brenda's instead of 30 minutes, so we can't spend as much time together as we usually do. Marc's parents are coming this weekend too, so they'll all get to see the new home together!

On a happy little note, when I checked the mail today there was a check for $678 from our home insurance that we totally weren't expecting! I guess ours was already paid right before we paid off the old house, so in my eyes, it's free money since we didn't count on it!

And back to reality big time with a full day of inservice tomorrow. A big thanks to mom and dad for arriving Thursday so that I can skip out on another full day of math textbook training! :)

7 comments:

Brenda said...

guess i have been in high school too long..i can only think of "you bug me" but that's not very welcoming! or how bout "hope this school year flies by" nope...that's negative too.

Jill said...

yeah, amy and i both had thoughts that were probably too negative too!

Anonymous said...

Funny, my first thought was "Don't bug Mrs. M." Guess I'm not quite ready to go back. "Watch us grow"? I'll think on it. Hooray for the free money!! Enjoy your visitors.

~Lori said...

And this is why I'm not a teacher: My first thought was "Welcome to school. Now Bug Off."

Jill said...

My family is so helpful!!!!

Amy Covey said...

My idea was: "Bug off...and Leaf me alone". Hmmm....we are all so positive about school, aren't we???

~Lori said...

haha Amy, I like that one!
How about
"Give Hugs, Not Bugs" (aka lice)