CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Um, can't think of a title today...

First things first: We close on this house on the 21st, and our new house on the 23rd!! So far everything seems to be working out quickly for us. We had our current home inspected yesterday and our new one we'll go do tomorrow, so if both of those goes well, then we should be set. The biggest problem will be figuring out what to do those few days from when we move out of here and until we get in the new home. We may get to lease the new one and really hope that works out as it seems the easiest situation.

Ok, now for what else has been going on. We've been able to do a few things not involving the house lately, which is a nice change. We spent the 4th at Brenda's, swimming, eating, and seeing fireworks. This year there was no rain, and the weather was perfect at night, so the fireworks were a lot of fun. Except for a small incident (ok, maybe not so small) of a glass patio table shattering and making a mess, it was a great day!!

Today Luke is invited to do his first "friend" activity, so we're excited about that! There's a family that lives a few streets over and we knew the mom from years ago. Now, her oldest son will be my student this year, and her youngest will be in kinder with Luke (possibly same class), and they just got a pool and asked him to come swim today. He's pretty excited about that!

Mia is a bit of a trainwreck lately. She is finally getting rid of her 6 facial bruises from a variety o falls and unknown accidents. Now, she's walking funny - sort of dragging/not using her left room properly, and today she fell over a pillow and smacked her head on the bed - and has a nice fat purple lip to show for it! She's just a mess, but still cute!


As for me, I seem to be spending my free time going through furniture stores or looking online for things for the house. Here's my challenge for you all - especially those creative, HGTV friends and family members! The biggest room I'm focusing on changing will be the kids' playroom - the middle bedroom will be theirs for toys for now. I don't want to do too much, but I think I'm focusing on doing it in primary colors. I am set for a trip to IKEA to purchase a little table and chairs and some other random things. But I'd like some ideas for decoration/toy storage that is on the cheap end but easy and cute. Not sure if I'll paint the room right away, but thinking of letting the kids paint some canvases to hang. Other ideas??

Here are some photos that I finally have time to upload! :) Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

Here are my children, eating at our ghetto table. Since we sold ours at the garage sale, and our new one is yet to arrive, we end up eating somewhere new each day.



Cooling off in the new kiddie pool


Little Miss Thing making a total mess with her rice and being a bit crazy as usual!


Happy 4th of July!


Um, no explanation for what is going on here... just a typical 5 year old boy photo!


Mia quickly figured out how to ride Payton's 4 wheeler

Smores!!

This is at the fireworks - a man gave the kids boxes of little poppers and even Mia got in on the popping action!

Ready for fireworks!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great pictures. Mia is growing so fast--and she has hair. Love the ghetto table. How about letting the kids make hand prints and foot prints on a wall? Keep us updated on the moving. MOM

Jill said...

YEA!!! Doug got a text from Boo today, so I told him to call and get all of the details about your buying/selling situation. I'm so happy for you!!! I wish we lived closer as my mind has been swimming with ideas (or wishing I were better with decoration ideas) for our new house, too.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on selling and buying so quickly. To go along with your mom's idea, i was thinking about chalk board paint. I've never actually seen it in a house but thought it sounded like a fun idea. Just convince Mia to keep it to that wall. the pix are adorable, as usual. It sounds like you're not moving too far from your current location. Right? Good luck with everything. I'll excuse your absence from bloggervile for awhile if you're going crazy.

Jill said...

Yeah, we may not have internet access for a while once we have to get out of this house! the new house is maybe 5 miles from here, so not much of a move.

Brenda said...

love mia's smores photos..guess i should post mine now too!

Brenda said...

oh yeah..hgtv.com "rate my room" is the best research around....amy and i are addicted...check it out!

Anonymous said...

congrats on your house- cute pictures!

Amy Covey said...

Mia is getting too big. I can't believe how grown up she looks...and I can't believe I haven't seen them in almost SEVEN months! I'm definitely going through niece and nephew withdrawl.

Amy Covey said...

PS Why on earth do Doug and Jill call Marc "Boo"??? He just doesn't seem like the Boo type. :)