CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 3...

...of waking up in our new home, and for the first time, it's starting to feel like my new home. Today I woke up in my bed (not on the couch), and there was coffee waiting for me. Yesterday was a very productive day, and except for the study and a few other boxes, we are almost unpacked. Here are the highlights from yesterday:
1) Ok, so this was a low light. Marc found out our table, which we've waited for all summer, wasn't going to be coming in. Seriously? So we chose to get our money back and shop elsewhere.
2) Brenda and the kids came out and after getting some Jason's Deli for lunch, we left Marcus here with all the kids and the three of us took off to furniture shop. After going out with intentions to buy a table, we also bought a really cool chair grey/brown/green checked chair (ok, that sounds ugly, but it's really cool!) and a greenish loveseat for the formal dining which we decided to make into a formal living instead. We also got a server instead of just a sofa table to go on one of our many blank walls. Those should all be in in just a few weeks. Today we plan to head out and buy the table!
3) While we were out, Marcus put together my 2 new barstools, so now we actually have somewhere to sit!
4)At 11:38 last night, I finished unpacking my kitchen, and I love how it looks!! It looks so different without boxes and junk all over it.
5) We finally went out and spent a while 15 cents at Lowes for the hardware that was missing for our bed so we could put it together. Once we did, we realized our bedroom is so much bigger! Brenda suggested putting a pull out sofa at the end of our bed so that our guests can sleep at our feet. We opted not to. But, our new bedding looks fabulous!

What's on today's agenda??
1) Buy a table!
2) Head to Bed Bath and Beyond and get our new dishes and hopefully some art for the walls.
3) Find an ottoman for the bathroom (big open area, great place to sit and dry hair, etc)
4) Unpack boxes......
5) Hang curtain rods and curtains
6) Possibly attempt to redo the frequencies on the fans so they aren't psychotic anymore. (Got a suggestion off line and from Lowes. I'm sure I'll be on my own doing this as Marc usually doesn't do the manual labor!!)

I will have pictures soon, but still can't find my cable for the computer. Feel free to visit anytime, now that you can actually walk through the house!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad things are coming along. Sorry about the table but now you can shop knowing where you want it to go and find the perfect one for that space. MOM

~Lori said...

Congrats on the new place! I can't wait to see pictures of everything....especially the bathroom big enough for an ottoman. That sounds lovely.

Jill said...

Three things:
1. I'm jealous that you have unpacked so quickly.
2. I think I'm your fellow power drill sister. I do most of the handy things around our house, too.
3. Amidst the chaos, sounds like you are having some fun, too, especially with all of the furniture shopping. Enjoy!