CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Packing Day

9 hours, a garage full of boxes, 5 rolls of tape, one hole in the ceiling, several trips to the dumpster, and two showers later, Marc and I are pretty much done packing and are headed out to spend an Olive Garden gift certificate for dinner. The day went very smoothly, well, for the most part, and it helped so much having the kids gone during the process. The best part of the day was when we were emptying out the attic. I really wanted to show you photos to go with it, but my camera cable is packed somewhere and there's no way I'm finding it any time soon.
First, Marc was pretty excited to find a mystery box full of his old atari and games. I'm sure he'll be attempting to hook that up when we move! Then he threw down the computer box, and I let out a small yell as I noticed a snake in it! Luckily, he was very crispy and very dead, but I still wasn't too happy to see him. He was getting the crib box next, which is a 5 foot box, and next thing I know, I am getting hit with the box and knocked out of the way. I thought Marc had fallen down the attic steps, but when I turned around and looked up, I saw Marc's leg hanging through the garage ceiling! After a brief panic when I called out to him and heard no reply, I found out he was fine. It was probably 120 degrees up there, and he was so tired and hot, and just slipped. I'm very glad he's okay, but now we get to add a $100 dry wall bill to our list of ever growing expenses. At least it wasn't the $100 ER deductible! Now, of course, it's a bit funny and I laugh out loud every time I see it! Well, we're off to a much earned dinner. Have a super saturday!

5 comments:

Amy Covey said...

WOW...you guys got a lot done! The snake - dead or not - would have definitely sent me running out of the attic. I'm glad Marc's okay...and at least he found his Atari and games in the process of making a huge hole. :)

~Lori said...

I agree: I'm sure the Atari more than makes up for falling through the ceiling.

Jill said...

ATARI!!! Doug is going to be in little kid heaven the next time we visit. Of course, I will, too, if you have Frogger and/or Pitfall!!! And, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at Marc's fall...sad but funny.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You 2 are the "hit it and get it" relocaters. That will be so nice to be in your new home. Just keep a rope tied around Marc. I think I'd stay out of attics if I were you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sale and purchase of your houses! I hope moving day goes smoothly and you don't encounter any more snakes:)
Aunt Barb