CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We are in our new home! We moved in yesterday and for the most part things went well. A big thanks to Brenda for putting up with us for several days while we were homeless! We closed on this house yesterday morning and were so excited to come right over and show our mortgage guy (Marc's friend) the home. When I tried to unlock it, no keys worked. Turns out the owners didn't want us in until the funding all went through officially. We got in early anyhow, but it took some of the joy out of coming to our house! We did have a few incidents - 1) no air for a while until we figured out to flip a breaker 2) a constant beeping all night of the smoke detector because we didn't have a new battery 3) and thinking the house was haunted. I was home alone with Mia, and she was asleep. I went back to her room, and her light was on. This happened throughout the house. I finally figured out later that night that our "really cool remote lights/fans" in every room are very sensitive. If you turn one light off, it triggers another room's light. So we have to figure that out still. Luke and I just got back from a big target trip, which is always exciting for me, but this was at the new one that just opened and we bought many great things that of course all require assembly.

I will share photos later, when I can find my cord! Here's my address in case anyone needs it:
5703 Bald Ridge Court
The rest is all the same. Off to unpack boxes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME! Was just out running around and was going to call to see if you got in. Hope you figure out all the little quirks--or wait until we come. MOM

Brenda said...

thanks for NOT posting photos of me during your moving process...can't wait to see the house once everything is there! When's IKEA? I am free Tuesday or Wednesday next week...monday is new window day and Thursday is my last hair appointment with Jenny.

Jill said...

Yay for the Minatrea's -- so happy for you guys and can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

Happy new home! Aunt Barb

Anonymous said...

We're glad you're in and everything went so quickly. Sometimes our ceiling fan comes on by itself, and we wonder if a garage remote triggers it. Very weird, too.