CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 03, 2008

TAKS Time

Tomorrow is the much anticipated TAKS day for my third graders. I can't believe how hard we've worked the past weeks to get ready. I'm not as stressed this year, but it's also the first year that all my kids have a shot at passing the first time, so my hopes are a bit higher. I can't wait until Tuesday afternoon when it's over!!

In other news...
This week is sure to be busy! Tomorrow is TAKS. Luke has 3 soccer games -Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. This is conference week for me, so I have some pretty much every day and quite a few on Thursday. Marc is balancing soccer and being in Austin for the state basketball games Thursday-Saturday. On top of all this, I'm preparing for Mia's birthday party, and battling illnesses. I woke up early Saturday morning very sick, and finally felt better last night. However, today at school it all came back but I made myself stay to get the kids ready for TAKS. Luke had a fever Saturday and Sunday. We did what any good parent would do - shoved him full or Tylenol and sent him on to school today - and so far, no call that his fever came back. Hopefully he's done being sick!

I'm excited about Mia's upcoming party. It's not a huge ordeal, but it's princess themed and I also found out mom, dad, and grandma Davis will be making the trip down for the party. Now my biggest stress is what she'll wear, and getting her 1 year photos taken by someone other than Aunt Amy!

February seemed way too crazy - with TAKS prep, soccer, basketball season, birthdays, valentine's day, sick people, family job situations and doctor visits... so I sure am glad to welcome in a new month. Hopefully March will be full of positive experiences and good news for everyone!

I know I have some photos to post, and will try to put them on in the next day or two.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are looking forward to being at Mia's 1st party. Do I need a princess dress? MOM

Anonymous said...

It will be good to have your tests over. We have the OAT in April, so that gives us a little time to get them back on track after break. When is your spring break? At least you'll have spring (or summer).
I don't know about your mom, but I'll bet Mia's girl cousins have their outfits ready for the party. Can't wait to see those pix.

Jill said...

Good 'ole TAKS day! Ours got pushed back to Wednesday because of voting tomorrow. Good luck, and I also hope you guys get to feeling better soon, especially before the big birthday celebration!

Jill said...

I blogged too soon... since I wrote the blog, Luke's teacher called saying he had a 101 fever. We came home after school and he and I layed on the couch together, feeling sick and tired, for 2 hours. Then he ended up throwing up red punch all over the carpet! The worse part is that his fever was at almost 104. I'm really hoping the tylenol kicks in soon!!

Anonymous said...

Yikes- it sounds like Luke has the flu. I hope you all feel better soon. If your mom comes to the party in a princess dress please take lots of pictures!:) I hope you have a great party. I am going to try and get Mia's present sent out soon. Have fun with the family! I am excited that "Its grandma" is coming!

Anonymous said...

Good luck today! My thoughts as with you guys. Hope you are all feeling better.
Carrie

Amy Covey said...

Happy TAKS day! Hopefully it went well....and I hope Luke feels better soon.

Jill said...

TAKS went very well... the kids finished pretty quickly, but then I have to remember that I have a much brighter class this year, so they should be able to read faster! Just glad it's done. Luke had me up all night with his 104 fever. Marc took him to the dr. today and he has an ear infection, high fever (duh!), and a sore throat. Poor buddy.