CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Alive, but not well

It's been a while since I posted - the title should explain why I've been missing! The past 2 weeks have been crazy. First, let's talk about me. (Ok, that sounds vain. Not how I meant it!) Anyone around here knows how bad allergies are right now, but for some reason I've been hit with my worst set of allergies ever. For two weeks I haven't slept well because when I lay down, I can't breathe! I sneeze about 10 times in a row, and I swear my eyelids are bruised from rubbing them so much to kill the itching. Now on to Mia. About 2-3 weeks ago she started having a bad cough every morning, and then she started to throw up her bottle each morning after she ate. We took her in last week and she has allergy symptoms, but also had her first ear infection. She's good to go now though. Then this past Thursday, Luke threw up at school, and from what I hear, he did a good job of it! This may not seem too unusual for a 4 year old, but I think he's done it once as a baby and once last year, and never even really spit up, so it was odd. Luke said it was the corn from lunch that made him throw up, and even though we watched him carefully, he was fine after that. So we are blaming the corn. Then last night, Marc woke me up around midnight looking for medicine because his stomach hurt, and around 4 this morning he was up again, following in Luke's footsteps. So it's been an interesting health week or two in our house!

We have had a few good moments though. Luke is continuing to amaze us with how much he's learning at his new school. Every week he goes on a field trip to the public library, and next week he gets to go to the Firehouse. The best part is that he gets really excited about going back to school each day, and I can't say he was that way last year. He spent the night with Carsyn last night, and then she came over this morning for a while. It's always fun to just observe them playing and talking. They've come a long way since we used to sit them side by side and take a photo each month of them as babies! Marc, Luke, and Nonno (of whom Luke said today "I love him! He's my daddy's dad!!) are at a U of H football game tonight in Houston, so Mia and I took off to Austin shopping, and that little girl got so many compliments on how cute and happy she is! Well, except for when I was trying to make her fit in a 6-12 month skin tight witch costume at Gymboree... not so happy then!

Now that you know every detail of our health and what we did today, I'm off to rest. Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks to those who checked up on me since I've been missing. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am glad to finally hear something out of you! I have been worried about you! I am sorry that you have had such a rough time with everyone feeling poorly! I hope your allergies let up soon. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Maybe you're allergic to Texas! I hope you're all feeling better now.

Anonymous said...

Hope all of you are feeling better now and have a much healthier Ocober!