CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Is it April in Texas, or January in Ohio??

I remember years ago having a snow day on mom's birthday - April 6th - in Ohio, and even that was a little rare. However, snow in Texas, in April? Not heard of. Snow in January in Texas isn't even a usual occurrence! Today we left Marc's parents' house in Bryan, TX, where it was 41 degrees and sleeting/raining. As we drove the 2 hours home to Killeen, the temp kept dropping and the rain gradually turned to snow. By the time we reached Killeen, it was 33 degrees and snowing - hard! It was big, wet snow. So, as soon as we got home, we all changed and went out to play! I was pretty surprised that noone else was out playing in the snow too. It reminded me of Ohio winters... not Texas springs! Just Tuesday it was almost 90, and I got a slight sunburn. I wanted to capture the bluebonnets covered in snow, but don't have any right by the house. Here are some photos from our little blizzard. Not the best photos - hard to capture good shots when the snow is huge and your 3 year old won't stand still since he's rarely gotten to play in snow! I love Marc's expression in the photo of him laughing, so had to add that one. And yes, we put our one month old baby in the snow. I promise she was wrapped well and only out there for a minute! We had to have a photo of her in her first snow. The only problem with playing in the snow for us is that we have no gloves, so our poor hands were very red and freezing!









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like fun. Mia definitely looks the warmest of all. :) I can't imagine playing w/out gloves though!! I would have put socks on my hands or something. =) I hope it warms back up soon for you!

~Lori

Amy Covey said...

FUN! I think you have more snow than us!! It looks like we picked the perfect day to leave!!

Brenda said...

We don't have gloves or winter coats...they were put up in the attic about a month ago! We have more snow than that! Weird. I am glad you enjoy it. I find it ridiculous and I am really mad.

Anonymous said...

You definitely have more snow than we got. Glad you could enjoy it. At least you know it won't be around long. This is my spring break. Guess I don't have to feel guilty about not working on the yard. Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Great snow pictures. We had at least that amount or more so I can appreciate what you have. HOWEVER-I have the heavy coat, scarf, gloves, boots, etc. Thanks for sharing. Some great pictures for Mia to look back on someday. Is it gone yet? (It's Sunday night). MOM