CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hello!

I am writing just to prove a point to my Aunt Nancy that I am alive and blogging! And if she'd look, I did post 2 times after Amy was here! There hasn't been many exciting things going on, so I'll just post the most interesting highlights of the week:
1. Mia is doing great. She's recovering from her baby acne spell, and now is just really dry with some red spots. Yet, she's still a cutie! She went 7 hours between feedings the other night which was great, until last night when she was up most of the night. Not crying really, but just "talking" very noisily for a long time! She's a talker already. She's so alert, holds her head up, and smiles a lot at us!
2. Today some pottery people came to the house to make a clay plaque with Mia's hand/foot print in it. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed talking with the couple, and learning about their life. It's nice to run into neat people unexpectedly. I was a little sad to see them leave! The man commented on how strong Mia is too, as he was trying hard to unclench her fist to make a hand print.
3. I shopped at IKEA yesterday for quite a while, and came out with some Orange curtains for my bedroom. Way cool.
4. I got a new camera! Part of the reason I haven't put photos on is because I have to figure it out still. It's red too - very neat. I had a pale purple version first, but that color wasn't manly enough for Marc I guess.
5. Mia had her first real bath the other night because her cord finally fell off!
6. Bunnies - that's the saga of the day. I heard Molly and the neighbor dogs going nuts earlier this afternoon so I went outside and found Molly with a baby bunny in her mouth, and another laying off to the side. She and the other dogs had found a nest and Molly was able to reach it. So, being the crazy animal lover that I am (anyone remember the Klein Ave. bunny-that-I-hit incident earlier in life??) I felt the need to rescue them. Now, they weren't fuzzy little bunnies - they were brand new, mouse-looking, no fur, umbilical cords still hanging off - bunnies. I have a feeling they were just born today and that's why the dogs took notice. So I loaded them and Mia up and took those 2 to the vet. One didn't make it. Then after explaining all this to Marc, and not finding any more bunnies, we put bricks up around it and ate dinner. But, I look out and Molly moved the brick and found two more! So we enlisted the help of the internet and our neighbors and made a new nest for those two and hope they survive! The neighbor boy said he'll check on them in the morning and we'll see if they are still alive. And a little known bunny fact... mom bunnies feed their babies for 5 minutes, twice a day, and are gone the rest of the time. Boy, what I wouldn't give for Mia to only want to eat 10 minutes a day right now! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the Klein incident well. In fact I just recently thought of it when a woman I work with now "saved" a stray dog and found it had many problems. I can't believe you took them to the vet. AND, did Mia's cord just now come off? Long time!!! MOM

Anonymous said...

Jill I feel your pain not sleeping. I say this at 2:54 am because my 6 month old baby will not sleep and has been up most of the night crying. The joys of motherhood. At least I have your blog to read at 3 in the morning! Vickie

Anonymous said...

Thank you, and of course I read you other blogs. Maybe the wrong blogger felt guilty. I saw Amy's pix of Mia. She looks so sweet, but there's a butterfly on her butt! Maybe you need to rescue it. Like your mom said, you really took the bunnies to the vet? Must be those mothering hormones. I gotta ask: Did you have to pay?

Jill said...

No, the vet takes injured animals. It was either take them there, or watch them die in my yard. I think I made the best choice!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I don't know if I could pick up anything that looks like a little mouse. I'm a major wimp.