CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 30, 2007

Back to Reality

Today I headed back to work. Augh. I am exhausted! It really wasn't too bad, becuase most of my trouble makers are gone. Can you believe that my third grade class alone has lost 4 boys to alternative school (behavior school) this year? We maybe have had an average of 1 each year, if that. 17 and a half more days of kids left! Mia stayed home with Marc due to some daycare issues - she'll start next week - so that made it much easier to head back, and then they visited at lunch today!

I apologize for being a bad blogger, but things have been crazy lately. And, I still can't get photos on my blog from my new camera, so those will come soon when I get a clue how to do it.

Please continue to keep Amy's sister-in-law Becca in your thoughts and prayers. This past week has been so hard on her and her family, and I can't imagine being them and going through the ups and downs of the days since her surgery.

I feel very blessed to have my children right now, healthy and safe with me. It's so easy to get distracted in life by the little things that truly don't matter, and seeing Amy and Chris and their family going through what they've been through this past week makes me remember how important family is, and how I need to be grateful daily for our health and happiness. That's what matters.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Amen, sister! I look at my girls every morning and thank God for them.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Brenda took my remark, except I wouldn't call you sister. Don't forget those husbands, to. It's easy to take them for granted (and vice versa). Embrace the hum drum of everyday. I probably have more of that than you girls right now!
Jill - I hope those 17 days (but who's counting)go VERY quickly!

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

Can I just say that I have LOVED reading all of these blogs! I love my family!

Brenda said...

unfortunately there's not enough hum-drum in my life...but that's a good thing i suppose!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, girls. The hum-drum. will get there, along with wrinkles, grey hair, and hot flashes! (I can't believe I had a typo on "too", won of my pet peeves! (Yes, I know I spelled one wrong. Just playin' with ya!)

Anonymous said...

Ask Luke to make you a paper chain, so you can all count down those last 17 days of school! I love the 2nd photo of Mia. She looks like she is about to say something :)