CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What I never thought I'd do...

About a week ago, I received an email that asked a bunch of questions about me. One was "What is one thing you have done that you never thought you'd do?" I wasn't sure at the time what I would have answered, but now I know what I would answer even 20 years from now if asked the same question. Sunday night, I was able to be in the delivery room with my friend/aide while she had her baby, and I got the cut the cord! It was definitely one of the most amazing moments of my life.


The past few weeks have been so busy and tiring, so let me recap:
Our grade level aide Michelle has had a rough pregnancy, and finally, the month baby was due, her husband was deployed to California with the army and wasn't here to help her. So my grade level all pitched in and helped with the 3 false alarm trips to the hospital, watching her 3 year old during those trips, and being on call 24/7. Saturday she was finally admitted and induced. I was out of town, so when I returned I decided to relieve Camill since she'd been at the hospital forever and still no baby. By the time I got on Ft. Hood, I got a call that baby was coming. I literally ran into the hospital, and the nurse was waiting for me in the hall, and within 15 minutes, baby Robbie was here and I was crying and cutting the cord! It was just amazing. He is the sweetest little baby, with a head of dark hair and the tiniest little head! And he has a stork bite between his eyes that looks like the UT longhorn symbol! I brought mommy and baby home Monday night and they are doing great.

Besides having baby duty the past week, I had my pdas - formal observation -and it went really well. Glad it's done!

We went to Brenda's this past weekend for Payton's birthday and Luke woke up so sick Saturday. He missed the build a bear event, but later that night felt well enough so Brenda and I took him back to make his monkey that evening. (FYI - took him in Monday and he has double ear infections. He was so miserable Sunday night and Monday morning! But he's doing great now, just missed one day of school with daddy)

Enjoy some photos - a little baby, a little birthday, a little hanging out... a little bit of everything from the past weeks! (in no particular order)

Build a Bear, trip #1 with Carsyn, Payton, and Mia. Carsyn and Mia both named their animals Bella and we didn't realize it till on the way home! Payton named her longhorn Brown. We also made Luke a get well puppy, and named him Buddy.
Mia putting the heart in Luke's puppy

Trip #2, with Luke making his monkey, which he named Luke!

Holding Robbie for the first time... and the photo was taken by his 3 year old sister!
Big sister Gwen with baby Robbie at the hospital
Paging Dr. Jill... You are needed in Delivery!
Last Thursday, Michelle invited the third grade teachers over and made us fried tacos (so good!) to thank us for all our help. It was actually cool out, so everyone showed up in their hoodies. 

Playing at Michelle's - (standing) Allyse, Tiffany's daughter and "Lute's" buddy from school (she calls him that all the time! She is also in kinder, but a different class); Gwen and Luke
Learning to multi-task at an early age -driving while on the cell phone. Later she also added drinking to the tasks! 
Just hanging out in Michelle's yard

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pix. Thanks for sharing. I always said I'd like to be on the other end of a birth. That had to be so amazing! That sounds like an episode from Army Wives. I'm sure Michelle really appreciates her support group.

Jill said...

Wow -- I would love to do that someday and actually see the other side of labor/delivery. Too, cute little piggy tails on Mia, and Luke looks so tall in the last pic!

Amy Covey said...

I agree with Nancy...definitely an Army Wives episode. I think that would be fascinating. Love Mia's piggies! I'm glad Luke is feeling better. :)

Brenda said...

mia is drinking what??? i recognize that warmup...love little girls in their velour warmups.
the longhorn is named ORANGE, not brown!