CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Super Sunday

Yesterday was one of those really busy, but really great days as I look back on it. It started with church. Luke attended VBS for the first time last week, and while so excited, it took me an hour with him before he'd stay and not follow me out, crying. In the end, he loved it and was so excited to go each day. (And I have to say, as far as VBS goes, I am super impressed! We paid $5, but ended up with a tshirt, tons of great crafts, and a CD of all the songs which he loves!!) Anyhow, the kids were to wear their shirts to church and sing yesterday. Simple enough, but not for my child. We talked a lot about going up there, and even if he didn't want to sing, just try it and go up. After a very brief hesitation, he sat with all the other kids, then went up when it was time to sing and sang all 3 songs with motions! I will admit, I got tears in my eyes. People probably thought I was nuts, but it was such a big deal for him to do that and I was just so proud!

After church, we went to feed the ducks at the nearby pond. Mia had a big day too, because she wore a bow for the first time! I bought some Saturday that stay in her hair, as long as she doesn't pull them out! She looked so cute in her yellow dress from grandma and grandpa and her yellow bow, standing by the duck pond!






I then took Luke to the new splash pad in Belton, Tx. I'd heard about it since they put in in last year but thought I'd check it out. It's free, and meant for littler kids. I was quite impressed, and Luke had a blast! So I think we can put that on our list of things to do again this summer.




After the splash pad, Luke was a trooper and drove by many new houses with me and checked out the model homes. We did find another good option - a house partially built in an area we love (White Rock) that will be ready in a few months. The great thing is that this builder said we can still choose everything for inside even though it's started already, and they'll even put in fans and blinds if we need them to. Plus, a big back yard, already sodded, fenced, and with sprinkler. So that's at the top of my list. Now, to just sell this house...

Luke grew sunflowers from seeds at school this year. One died quickly, but we were pretty excited to see the other one bloom this week!


This last photo was from Saturday night. In a nutshell, mom was gone, dad was in the attic, and Luke decided to give Mia his chocolate milkshake.
So that was our Sunday!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Thats all.

Anonymous said...

I could give my own opinion with your topic that is not boring for me.

Amy Covey said...

Yea for Luke!!! Mia's yellow dress and bow are adorable. Totally laughing at the chocolate milkshake picture. At least he was willing to share with his sister.

Jill said...

What a great day, indeed -- I loved hearing about it. Way to go, Luke Man!

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone enjoyed the weekend! Glad Luke enjoyed VBS:)
Aunt Barb

Anonymous said...

Those are all great pix! Mia looks so adorable, and hurray for Luke!! As I like to say, it's not where you start it's where you finish. I understand those tears, too. Proud tears are the best! That splash pad looks like a lot of fun, and it's even free! Maybe you should take Mia there after a milkshake. I think I'm going to start a blog so I can make new friends as they leave comments, too.

Anonymous said...

Mia looks so cute in the yellow dress and bow. And she looks cute in the milkshake too. hooray for Luke being in public twice now (his graduation speech. He's really coming along. So where is the water park place? Looks like lots of fun. Glad you all had such a great weekend. MOM

Brenda said...

We would love to join you next week at the splash park for a picnic! I should be free of any responsibility so just let me know! I love the bow...I'll have to post photos of carsyn's cool headbands too...love a Sami show!

~Lori said...

Looks like a great day! The splash park looks awesome, and the milkshake looks like it was very yummy. :)