CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to work we go...

Tomorrow is back to reality time, and I have a feeling it'll hit us hard very early! Marc and I both have to be at work by 7:30, and it's the first day to take both kids to the new daycare, which is also out of the way, so I think we'll be out of the house by around 6:30. Yikes.
I will say that this summer felt long for once, and we were able to do a lot of things, so I'm ready to head back. This school year will be very different, as all my close friends have moved on. I took this opportunity to change a lot of things about my room and about me. Luckily, my classroom is pretty much done! I went with a sports theme this year, and I'm happy with how it turned out. Last week I got the last of the things from the former teacher who subbed for me last year, and this batch was even better, including class sets of novels, bulletin board sets, posters, borders, notepads, games, etc etc etc. I will try to get a photo of the kids on their first day at their new school, but that may not happen that early! I wish everyone else a happy first day back, whenever their day comes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you all tomorrow. Have a good first day--all 4 of you. MOM

Anonymous said...

I hope your day goes well. I hope you have a great group of kids and some great new teachers. I will be thinking about you as you go about your day today! Vickie

Amy Covey said...

I hope your first day (and EARLY morning) went smoothly! Hopefully they loved their new daycare.

I know I've mentioned it before...but we really need to see photos of your fun sports room!!

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter how many weeks I have off, I still want more, but as they say, "I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go" (in a week). I'll bet you were tired and hungry today. I hope you all have a great year.

Jill said...

Amy, I'll show photos, but I'd rather wait till next week because the kids are making jerseys and also pennant name tags, and plus there's still a bunch of junk in my room! the kids did well today - luke is going to learn a lot - he wrote a sentence today!! he's so wiped out though and he even had a nap.