CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm done!!!

The kids just left, and my school year is officially over! I am so glad. This year was my hardest and most challenging year, besides my first year, so it's good to finally be through with it. We get an extra long summer this year, and plan to make the most of it with several trips and lots of resting time lined up. It's the first summer really since I met marc that he's not looking for a new job, I'm not pregnant or having a baby, and we're not moving, so it will be much more restful. I am sad to see the year end though because with the end of the year comes the moving on of most of my grade level, and some very awesome friends. Next year my grade level will be completely different except for 2 of us, and it will be interesting to see how things go with all new people and no close friends left here. To those of you in KISD, congrats on your last day. To all the other teachers out there who aren't done yet, so sorry for you, but your day is coming soon! :) Happy Summer!!

4 comments:

Amy Covey said...

HOORAY for the end of school!! Chris and I think you should go get a butterscotch love nest to celebrate being done. :)

Jill said...

MMM... that sounds great! We are flooded in though, so we can't go celebrate at all!

Anonymous said...

What do you mean you are flooded in? It was my last day too (actually last day with kids was yesterday and today was a 2 hour picnic at a nearby park). Now several days of cleaning and packing up room. Congrats on being done. MOM

Jill said...

We have had major rain, storms, and hail for over 3 hours, and it just flooded around here a few days ago, so it was still very wet. Our back porch (even the covered part) had about an inch of water on it, and we couldn't open the front door without being soaked. The Killeen police advised everyone to stay inside tonight. It's a mess - our back yard is a lake!