CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hoping your day ended better than mine...



This is the view of how my day ended... That would be my blue pathfinder being towed away. After a very long day, I had my facial appointment at 4:00. Luke went with me, and after we had parked and I opened my door, a lady pulled right into the spot next to me and smashed in my door. So to make a really long story short, first we waited 30 minutes for the police who were maybe a fourth of a mile down the road, then I had to talk to insurance for what seemed like an hour, then they connected me to a tow company, so we waited for them for 20 minutes, all the while with the two kids there (Marc arrived with Mia). What made me more upset was that the lady who hit me had been able to drive away an hour earlier, while I was stuck waiting for someone to take my car. I realize I didn't get a photo of the door, which I wish I had, but it wouldn't shut by like a foot - so dented and smashed into the hinges that it just bounced back. Fabulous. 

8 comments:

Amy Covey said...

What a pain! At least this time your leg wasn't caught in the door.

Anonymous said...

it is funny that Amy said that because I was thinking the exact same thing. I am so sorry for you!

Anonymous said...

Bummer!! And I was actually going to make the comment about your leg, except that I saw Amy already had. Good luck with the repairs - but glad to hear no one was hurt!
Kara

Jill said...

yeah, many coworkers who were here 5 years ago said the same thing about the wreck!!

Anonymous said...

Well, my first thought was about your leg, too. What an ordeal, but at least no one was hurt. what are you driving now?

Brenda said...

i don't understand...what happened? your door was open and she ran into it?

Jill said...

yep - i was parked, driver's door wide open to get out, and she pulled in the space on the left of me, ramming right into the door (the edge of it, not the side). wish i had a photo...

Anonymous said...

I also remembered the leg incident but want to say how fortunate you were that you had JUST opened the door and weren't standing outside the car. Remember--it is only a car and can be fixed. Glad you are both okay. Love the pix below. MOM