CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Class of 2008

Today Luke graduated. When he woke up today, he walked in the bathroom and asked me, "Do you know what special day today is??" I knew he was very excited about graduating!! The kids all looked so cute in their graduation caps! Luke didn't like his much, so towards the end it had to come off in photos. Marc missed the ceremony due to being out of town, so I focused more on the video than the photos, but did get some of Luke and his classmates. There were lots of tears from the teacher, kids, and parents. Ms. Kuehl was such an incredible teacher, truly being patient with Luke's shyness and she did wonders with him. Each child wrote a "speech" that they were to read at graduation. They could write about whatever they wanted, and draw a picture. Ms. Kuehl and I were both suprised and very proud when Luke's turn came, and in front of probably 30+ adults, he read his speech aloud! It was very simple... "Off and on." I'm sure there's a deep meaning to his words in there for you all to ponder, but he drew a road and sky and water. I'll let you analyze what Luke wanted you to learn from his speech! I was disappointed though when he read his speech - as I took the photo, a boy stood up and got in the way, and then he was done. Enjoy the other photos from his big day!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks very proud, indeed, but I think he preferred Mia in the cap. By the way, his ex-Jostens great uncle will have to give him cap-wearing etiquette lessons. I'm not sure what the deeper meaning of his speech is, but I can certainly appreciate a short speech. Enjoy the weekend, and I hope the remaining 8(?) days go smoothly, not to mention quickly.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures--even the last one where he looks like "Washington crossing the Delaware"--nice hat. MOM

Jill said...

Yea, Luke -- way to go, buddy!

Amy Covey said...

Yea Luke! I'll have to take some time to ponder the meaning of his speech though.

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked bloggs for a while, so first and most importantly, I was sorry to read about Marc's grandmother and will keep the family in my prayers... As always, the pictures are so cute!...Congrats to Luke on giving a concise speech and remembering "all of the words" :)
Aunt Barb