CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Good Times

The weekend is almost over, but I really enjoyed it for once. I didn't spend the whole time running around shopping with 2 kids. Friday my friend Jenn came to see me at school. I taught with her for several years at Trimmier and she moved in May. I haven't seen her since then, and now she's 8 months pregnant. Saturday we got to spend several hours together, just us, at lunch and shoping. I really needed that friend time. I haven't had it in so long and it was much needed.
Last night Mia finally crawled forward! She's been working on heading backwards but was in no hurry to move forward, unless it was by rolling. Marc and Luke were trying to play Candy Land, and she crawled over to mess up their game. It was a sad little crawl, but it counts! I think she's finally getting some more teeth in. All day she's been very sad and needy, like last time.

Today Jenn and her husband stopped by again before heading home, and then Luke and I made fudge, chocolate covered pretzels, and attempted church windows. Not sure what happened there. I have a feeling they will end up in the trash, unless they come out ok after cooling! Marc is finally out doing some Christmas shopping now, so I dressed the kids up to try to get a good photo of them dressed up. With how Mia is acting, it wasn't super successful, but I got a few cute ones none the less.

Three and a half days left this week. Can't wait for a break!!! Friday I think I'm sending the kids to daycare and finally cashing in a certificate I have for a massage, facial, and mani/pedi. I need some time for me.

Enjoy this last week. I'm envious of the blizzard my Northern friends are receiving now - saw the Browns and Steelers on tv playing in it. Send some my way!

Miss you all.


Don't have much explanation for this photo - what you see is what you get!


When I watched Brenda's kids the other night, Carsyn and Luke sat together and "read" Polar Express. It was too cute. They have changed so much this past year, and it's evident in how they play together.


And today's photos, dressed in their Christmas best!


9 comments:

Amy Covey said...

Hey - Carsyn is wearing Jenna hand-me-downs! :) Your kids look adorable as usual. I love black patent shoes on baby girls!! I can't wait to see them and get my baby fix!! Don't be envious of our snow....it's really not that great. I'd send it to you in a second if I could.

Amy Covey said...

PS I love the first photo...did she get in that position all by herself??

Jill said...

She did. That was a week or 2 ago. Mia rolled over there and just played like that for a while. She's so silly!!

Anonymous said...

Great photos. I can't believe how much they have changed-Carsyn's hair is long and straight?, Luke posing for pictures? Can't wait to see them all.So glad you had a good time with Jenn. As for the snow--we will trade you anytime. I was supposed to sub today but Nordonia is closed. Most of the county is closed except Stow and CFalls. See you soon. MOM

Brenda said...

i love the pictures...mia is adorable. this will be a great christmas! Carsyn was all dressed up to go to see Luke...she said she had to wear something fancy. Notice the straightened hair too...it was curly by the time we picked her up since she got so sweaty playing hide and seek.

Anonymous said...

1. Mia must be trying to tighten her abs.
2. I was going to ask about Carsyn's straight hair, but B. explained. i can relate to that getting curly as the day goes on (or upon stepping outside).
3. Those Christmas pix are adorable!
4. No snow day for us, just get up earlier in case the roads are bad. Darn!
5. We have to go all day Fri. :(

~Lori said...

That's great that Mia's learning to crawl...but really, I'm more impressed with the swing acrobatics!
They look really cute in their christmas clothes. What fun kids!

~Lori said...

p.s.- I didn't realize that was Carsyn at first! Her hair is really long!! And I bought those same tights she's wearing 2 Halloweens ago when I was Rainbow Bright. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the kids outfits. They are so cute. I have to tell you something funny- I hope you read this. When we got the presents from you the other day I kept telling Jackson the presents were from Luke. Yesterday he informed his dad that his presents came from Luke Skywalker! I thought that was cute! I know he likes star wars but I am not sure how he remembered that name!