CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Las Vegas!!!

We got home late last night after 4 great nights in Vegas! The weather was hot, but bearable. The Grand Canyon weather was 59 and rainy though!



Highlights of the trip include:

*Marc and I getting bumped to first class on the flight out since there were no seats for us together in the coach section. We felt very superior to everyone else on the plane! :)

*Awesome Italian bakery/coffee shop in our hotel

*Grand Canyon trip - very impressive place to see, and a fun road trip too

*Discovering video rapid roulette, and continually coming out ahead on it by betting my kids' birthdays!

*Figuring out how to play craps and winning at that our last hour there

*Staying up till 3 am, when I usually can't make it past 10:30!

*Getting to know the other Jill much better, and getting along great

*Riding the roller coaster

*Coming home with as much $ as I left with!

*Day old bread - It was really "Dill bread", and was awesome, but Doug and I both heard "day old bread" when the waiter pronounced it

*Judy's Subway sandwich - This little subway we stopped at on the way to the grand canyon, where Judy made the best sandwiches ever!!

*Learning my way around the Sports Book and successfully betting on baseball and horses



Lowlights (is that the correct term??) of the trip:

*Having flight delays both ways, and having to return to the airport after being on the runway to have maintenance come aboard and work! On the way out, some guy pulled down the oxygen mask and couldn't get it to stay up. Leaving Vegas, we had a 2 hour delay, then on the plane had to return because we didn't have enough power. That made me feel confident.

*The other Jill getting stuck in the elevator at our hotel

*Arizona - very pretty to see for a few hours, but a little let down by it, and don't have to worry about ever moving there

*The super cold rain at the Grand Canyon

*Losing some baseball bets that Marc recommended us to bet on

*The laser show downtown - We were all expecting some awesome laser show and it was really just like a tv show on a roof. We were all a bit let down.



I'm sure there are some other things I should have added but am way too tired to think of them! I have lots of photos to post, but will start with my favorites.



The Jills at the Grand Canyon



Tim, Doug, Jill, me, and Marc at the Grand Canyon


Marc and I at the Wynn



Marc and I after eating at the Italian Restaurant in our hotel

5 comments:

Brenda said...

where's the photo with the flip flops???

Anonymous said...

Nice pix. We never made it downtown there. Really nice Grand Canyon pix.

Amy Covey said...

Yeah...where's the flip flops photo? AND I would have been really nervous if I would have realized you wore flip flops AND it was raining. YIKES!!!

Anonymous said...

Great shots. I so want to see the grand canyon--one of these days...
I liked the light show (you do mean the one in old town right?) but maybe my expectations were less. MOM

Anonymous said...

Yeah- we were suppose to go to the grand canyon with the youth group before our whole scandal happened. It looks beautiful! You and Marc look so cute in your pictures! Vickie