CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 06, 2007

Fourth of July



>




We went out to Brenda's for the 4th. It was rainy off and on and cooler, but we found some time to get in the pool, and then made it to the fireworks. It rained before and after them, but managed to stop during them, so we got lucky! Brenda and I were so excited to use our new cameras because she pointed out there was a "fireworks" setting on them. I think I took about 20 fireworks photos in the end just because I could.



In other news, I've been trying to keep busy this summer doing some different things than usual. Brenda and I took a scrapbooking class last weekend, and tomorrow she's going with me to Dream Dinners, where we'll make a bunch of servings of meat mostly then freeze them to have meals for the next weeks. We're also hiring Marcus to come babysit tonight so Marc and I can see a movie. And, I bought my first item off of Home Shopping Network last night - the Crop A Dile! Way cool if you're into cards, scrapping, or even just crafts.



Next week Luke starts swimming lessons. I hope he doesn't start and end them the same day, and that he'll actually get in the water and try things. Then in 2 weeks Marc and I head to Vegas!



And one of the best things of all was yesterday when the woman who subbed for my maternity leave sent over the "first batch" of her teaching supplies for me. She is a retired 3rd grade teacher, and offered to finally part with her things and give them all to me. Her husband brought 11 large storage tubs yesterday full of educational books, manipulatives, file folder games, and one was full of just pencils and stickers! And she has more to send eventually. Teachers LOVE free stuff, and this was just more than I think anyone would expect to just be given!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun 4th, and that's a great fireworks picture.

~Lori said...

I love the fireworks picture. I wonder if my camera has that setting too?? Sounds like your summer is going great.
Do you do Dream Dinners a lot? There's one in our shopping center, and i've never gone, but I've thought about it...

Anonymous said...

Cool fireworks picture! The Dream Dinners ladies prepared a free staff luncheon buffet for us. yummy food! (And they hooked several our our teachers as regular customers)Enjoy Vegas:)