CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Weekend!





I'm thrilled to have Monday off. I haven't had a day off pretty much all year, and each day at work is getting harder as I get bigger and closer to having this baby! My class has been very "trying" this year (teachers reading this, you can interpret my real feelings about my class I'm sure!) and they are just wearing me out! Tuesday is the much anticipated TAKS test day -the day my third graders take their big reading test that they have to pass to go to 4th grade. So lots of stress on me for that too. After Tuesday, I'll be ready any day to start maternity leave. This weekend has been fairly relaxing so far. Friday was Marc's birthday but he didn't feel well, so we just stayed home and everyone went to bed early. Yesterday I went to get my hair done - shorter, darker - and then we ate at Red Lobster for his birthday. I hate seafood, so that's my sacrifice once a year for his birthday. This afternoon is all about cleaning and doing little things, like I hung up some stuff in the nursery, cleaned baby bottles, wrote thank yous, etc. Nothing too exciting, but things that have to get done. I'm determined to fit a pedicure in my plans too!


Today I woke up and my whole face is puffy, not just the usual eyes. Nice. I have a photo of me that Marc just took, but don't be too critical! My belly has blown up the past weeks too. You may not be able to tell in the photo, but Amy, you need my shirt - it says "Rock Star" since you claim to be one with the guitar these days!
I feel like my cousin Jessica now -the photos I just added have a mind of their own, and I can't move them around like I usually can. So, here's what they are about... you are hopefully smart enough to figure which caption goes with which photo! Me, very pregnant, with 2 weeks to go. Luke sitting in a baby bathtub with his "cuter" - the day we pulled the tub down from the attic he sat like that for about an hour playing! Luke in the car watching a movie with his big headphones. And the one of Luke on the bench was just taken when Marc took my photo - he said he wanted his too, so there it is!


Have a great long weekend everyone!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were these pictures taken at your house? Where is the bench and where are you standing? Doesn't look like your house. You look good though. Tell Marc we will gladly go with him to Red Lobster anytime. And belated Happy birthday. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add...FYI Jeanne Crowe says if you begin to feel "even worse all of a sudden than you have been" be ready. Both she and Vicky felt really awful a few days before baby came. MOM

Jill said...

That's the bench in our room, and the door to our bathroom.

Brenda said...

Or if you are like me, you just feel really awful because you're really sick, and your baby is overdue and slow after being induced anyway!
the photo is actually flattering of you...i figured it was old because your belly is bigger in person now. I know that will probably hurt your feelings, because everything does when you are that pregnant! Try walking...i finally gave in and walked laps around the farm the day i finally went in to labor with payton.

~Lori said...

I think you look great!! I love the hair, I don't know if that's pre- or post- haircut, but it looks cute anyway--
almost as cute as Luke's bathtub/computer desk! Is he going to be able to give that up when the baby gets here? =)

Jill said...

The hair was post haircut, so glad the professional approves! ;) We actually just got in from a long walk Brenda. I'd been doing it every day until it got 20 degrees, but now I'm back out again. I did that with Luke too though, and look where that got me! :) I'm not looking to go into labor early, but the weekend of the 2nd is sounding pretty good to me right now!

Amy Covey said...

You look good...love your new hair! I'm so jealous of your shirt! :) (and I am a rock star...just ask Jacob.) Love the photo of Luke in the bathtub - too cute!

Jill said...

Amy, you are welcome to have my rock star shirt in a few weeks! :)

Anonymous said...

You look good. Here's a litle encouragement: Kyle was actually a day early! Relatively quick, too, at least the hospital part. Of course, I waited longer to go, too. Are you nesting, or just doing little odds and ends that needed to be done? 1 more thing: what happens to the kids who can't pass reading? Are they actually retained, or just for reading?

Jill said...

I'm not sure if I'd say I'm "nesting" so much as "going nuts"! Suddenly the littlest things must be picked up or scrubbed... like yesterday I was using my Magic Eraser to scrub every wall/door - all the "Luke" marks, 3 feet or below. But I was doing it in such a frenzy!
AS for the TAKS test, my third graders take reading and math. Math they get one shot at in April, and if they don't pass, it just makes them eligible for summer school. Reading they have to pass. Most pass the 1st time, except this year I'm expecting quite a few not to pass sadly. If they fail, those kids take it again the day after the math one. If they fail again, they go to summer school and take it in June/July. Then if they fail, they supposedly really do stay in 3rd. Sometimes a few get to go on for whatever reason. We have a few this year that are repeating due to TAKS. The hardest part of my job though is that tomorrow is the first time the kids ever take a TAKS test. At least in 4th and 5th, they've already taken it and know what to expect, and how serious it is.

Anonymous said...

Of course, if they don't pass it's because of the teachers! Good luck. Let us know the results.

Anonymous said...

Jill- I didn't look that good at the end of my pregnancy! And yes Jeanne and I both felt really bad before our babies came. Take it easy!!! Vickie

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

Ok...I know I've never been pregnant (duh) BUT I still say you look cute!!!!! I can't wait to see my new 2nd cousin, is that what Jacob, Jenna, Marcus, Carsyn, Paton and Luke are considered??? Anyhoo...I'm excited for you! I hope the next weeks go well =)