CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 03, 2006

Little Known Facts

Amy challenged her blog readers to create a list of 5 facts that most people don't know about themselves, so here are my 5. I can't promise they are exciting, and maybe you did already know them about me, but this is what I came up with:

1. My dream job is to be a public speaker. When I go to textbook committee meetings or inservices for interesting topics, I am envious of the presenter's job. I love to public speak, and feel that I am very good at it. I owe this to my parents, who forced me to take a speech class in high school to prepare me for college. I was very angry that I had to take it, but it turned out to be my favorite class! I considered in the past pursuing such a job, but I'd have to travel and being away from my family that much isn't something I'm willing to do right now.

2. I cannot sleep with socks on. Ever.

3. I am obsessive/compulsive about little things that seem to all have to do with the concept of time - making sure the alarm is set correctly, making sure I put in the right dates for a substitute, making sure I have the correct dates/times when ordering a plane ticket or hotel room, etc. I will check them over and over and still not feel like I can relax about it!

4. If I could wear one thing the rest of my life, it would be flannel pants and a hooded sweatshirt. Although I like how I look dressed up, those are my comfort clothes that I would seriously wear every day if the weather and my job permitted!

5. At Christmas time, I am still a child. I search for where a gift may have been hidden, and I can't help but to peek in the stockings ahead of time. And yes, I am still a gift shaker - I will find the ones with my name, and check them out ahead of time when noone is really looking! I guess the magic of Christmas has never died for me... it's not about getting the gifts really, but it's just that anticipation and the memories it brings me each year, and I get to feel really young for just a few days!

6 comments:

Kara Brown said...

Flannel pants and hooded sweatshirts - I completely agree!!!

Amy Covey said...

OKay...you and I could not be further apart on #1...your dream job of public speaking. I'm pretty sure that would be at the top of my list for my biggest fear!! YUCK!

Anonymous said...

I agree that text book presenter seems like a cake job. How much disciplining do you think they have to do? And do you think they'd ever want to trade me salaries? I'm free to travel now, too. As long as I know what I'm talking about I can do public speaking, but I hate those workshops or classes where they put you on the spot. I've never lost the ability to blush. Now I just say I'm having a flash.

rastrickler said...

I completly agree on the flannel pants and hooded sweatshirt thing! I could live in them! If only we could wear them to school! That should be the teacher uniform! Flannel pants and a hoodie in the schools colors!

rastrickler said...

I completly agree on the flannel pants and hooded sweatshirt thing! I could live in them! If only we could wear them to school! That should be the teacher uniform! Flannel pants and a hoodie in the schools colors!

rastrickler said...

I completly agree on the flannel pants and hooded sweatshirt thing! I could live in them! If only we could wear them to school! That should be the teacher uniform! Flannel pants and a hoodie in the schools colors!