CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 04, 2008

Luke's Ticket


When I picked up Luke at school today, he was sitting on the floor with Ms. Kuehl getting tested. She told him to go and show me his ticket. He pulled a little ticket out of his cubby that read "Putting together a 36 piece floor puzzle (backwards!)". She proceeded to tell me that her teacher was observing her today, and they looked over at Luke, who was working alone on a puzzle. He had it turned over upside down, so every piece was just plain white. He sat there and put the whole thing together on his own. Not only was Ms. Kuehl impressed, but she said that her teacher (she's doing classes with KISD) said she'd never seen anything like it. So, since they were so impressed, Ms. Kuehl wrote him a good work ticket award. She went on to say that she barely ever gives out tickets, and if anyone gets 3, they get some great prize. She also said that none of the kids knew what they were, because she hadn't found a reason to give one out yet this school year, so Luke is the first! I was so proud of him. I never thought my son getting a ticket for doing a puzzle could bring me so much pride as a mom. I'm not sure what I did with my time before he came into my life, and I'm just not sure that I ever could have truly been happy, because I know what true happiness is at times like this - when the littlest thing seems so amazing, just because MY child did it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Luke getting the first ticket in the class. You have reason to be proud. Grandma is too. MOM

Anonymous said...

wow! go luke!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Luke! Surely must be a talent inherited from his grandfather and a result of his early exposure to building train layouts. Now if only he lived closer so he could help me with my building projects. Dad

Amy Covey said...

Yea Luke!!

Brenda said...

Amen, sister. Isn't it amazing what we are proud of now? Good work Luke!

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

Way to go Luke! And, Jill, I just have to add that I love hearing how much you love being a mommy!! I often hear from my friends how hard it is (and I'm SURE it is!) but, it's so neat to hear how much you love it too =)

Anonymous said...

That's great! Are you planning his career yet? Obviously from that picture Luke's feeling pretty prou, too.

Anonymous said...

Super duper puzzling, Luke!
Aunt Barb

Anonymous said...

wow- that is great! You have a right to be proud of Luke- that is so cool that he got that ticket

Jill said...

Winner, winner chicken dinner!!!