CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

What are YOU thankful for??

I was at HEB today (grocery store... getting stuff to make grandma's cheeseball!) and a lady stopped me and said "There are little blessings everywhere! Enjoy your little blessings." She had just seen a little baby, and then was looking at Luke and Mia when she said that. I realize how lucky I am to have my two beautiful children, and of course that's what I'm most thankful for this Thanksgiving. Last night, Luke and I had a talk about helping those who aren't as lucky as us, and he said "Mommy, I have money. I can buy them something!" That's one of those moments that I see what a great kid he is, already knowing how fortunate we are, and he's only 4.

So what are you all thankful for this year? What are your "little blessings"?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We get so busy worrying about making food for thanksgiving we often forget that we are to take time to be thankful. I am thankful of course for my family but for also having you for a good friend even if you are so far away. I hope you have a great thanksgiving Jill. I miss you!

Amy Covey said...

I'm thankful for a wonderful and healthy family! AND of course I'm thankful for blogs...they've really helped us all stay in touch and be able to keep up with each other's busy lives....even when they are so far away. Enjoy the cheeseball!! :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for way too much to post on your comment section. But for my "little blessing" - Rylee had a dentist appointment yesterday and (for the first time) had to go back on her own. The past two times - she threw a complete fit about going, being there, having her teeth brushed, and leaving! But yesterday - she was perfect! Phew! I am so thankful!
Kara

Anonymous said...

Well, my blesings are pretty big, but I think it makes me even more thankful as they grow into awesome adults. I'm also thankful for Sudsy and our marriage, and still having my mom with us at an active and alert 91. My "little blessings" are the extended family and their beautiful kids. Keep posting those pix, and please put one of Brenda's kids on yours. I hope Santa gets her computer straightened out!

Anonymous said...

Here are just a few of the many, many things I am thankful for every day ...
- Tom
- our family & extended family, who are always there for love & encouragement of both joys & struggles
- Rylee and Quinn, my "little November blessings"...both arriving just before a Thanksgiving Day:)
- a job that I truly like
- wonderful friends
- our church family & Pastor Jon, who reminded us that while we acknowledge our blessings from God, we should also ask ourselves "How can I be a blessing or share a blessing with others?"
I hope everyone who reads this blog had a blessed Thanksgiving!